FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-02 5:53 pm   Permalink

I posted recently with some pictures of some of the sconces with the palm tree designs, on which I had displayed my dollar tikis.

Those sconces/shelves are right next to my main front door. This morning, when leaving for work, I closed the door, and heard something falling onto the floor inside. I opened the door again, to discover that one of the sconces had suffered a malfunction. The back wall metal mounting device had separated from the main plastic body, and everything fell to the floor.

Fortunately, nothing broke. It turned out the scres used to connect the mounting device to the scone were only about 1/8 inch long.

The end moral is, do not display anything of value on these cheap $1 scones without reinforcement nmaterial. I will be taking my Hukilau mug down until I can find a more reliable means to display it.

Dollar Tree items may appear to look good at first, but don't expect much structural integrity - especially for $1.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-03 09:54 am   Permalink

Well,I was picking up my copy of "The Book of Tiki",which I had ordered about ten days ago.I decided to try the Dollar Tree in Naperville,IL AGAIN,just to see if they had any yet.Big time score!!! Got all eight-must have been the book that led me to go there today...

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki

Posted: 2004-04-03 4:08 pm   Permalink

aw man,
A day late and a dollar short. I went out today and hit a bunch of DT stores and found el zippo nada nix zilch. I'm super bummed. anyone got an excess of the little buggers? I'm jonesing for 'em pretty bad, and will pay all, costs, shipping, profits, whatever. oh man, I'm hurting here. crumb.

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 11:43 pm   Permalink

Bwana...I'm not really following you around tonight, it just feels that way.

I, too, went to the Dollar Tree two days ago (I was a virgin to that store) and they DID have them, but they were ALL GONE. I feel your pain. I was going to pick some up for a friend as well, but that plan got 86'd.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iolani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-09 06:41 am   Permalink

A word of caution about these little guys: they break really easily (cue Brady Bunch music). Had a tiki in my office. It fell off my desk and onto carpet and now he's disabled.

View Profile of Iolani Send a personal message to Iolani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikittiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-09 12:55 pm   Permalink

Anyone scored anymore tikis at the DT stores? I wonder if they had more shipped after the first shippment sold out so quickly. I have checked some stores with no luck.

View Profile of ikittiki Send a personal message to ikittiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 1:10 pm   Permalink

i'll try to get to my local dt this wkend to see if any are left.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 3:29 pm   Permalink

Well,they're on ebay-someone is selling them for a starting bid of $4.50 AND charging $4.50 for shipping.Hmmmm-two words-kar-ma

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Hmmmm-two words-kar-ma

Some of these have been going for ridiculous prices on Ebay....BUT not everyone has a Dollar Tree in their neighborhood. Plenty of people want these and will pay a few extra bucks to get them.

Once again I will put my offer out there....I have an extra set of these (all eight) that I'm willing to trade for a mug. TikiGardener and I did a trade recently...he got the tiki's and I got a mug I've wanted for a while. Send me an PM if interested.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-04-09 18:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-04-09 19:05 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 11:52 pm   Permalink

Indeed,
Juno shipped fast, and packed them well. Not a broken one amongst these delicate treasures.

I'd dig a second set, but instead I'll vouch for Juno, and say if you need them, don't pay top dollar on ebay, instead do a trade with Juno. You'll be very happy.
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 08:27 am   Permalink

there were still about 2 full sets at my local dollar tree. let me know if you want 'em.

can't promise they'll still be there, but i'll look.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki

Posted: 2004-04-19 7:32 pm   Permalink

Tiki Chris...
aw man I want some.
help a Bwana out bra.

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 06:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-19 19:32, Bwana Tiki wrote:
Tiki Chris...
aw man I want some.
help a Bwana out bra.

i should be able to get out there this afternoon or tomorrow.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 09:25 am   Permalink

Yeah, without even trying I got six of these buggahs. Chongolia's mother sent them out to me from Florida. My favorites being the ones with the little buddies hangin out with the big buddies. Very humorous!
The roundheaded one is kinda wierd but still pretty cool for a buck.
Now I have to get all eight. The two I am mising are the three amigos and Ku( first and sixth ones going left to right)

We have a dollar tree close by I will have to check it out today. If they are out of them anybody still have the two I am missing and wanting to trade/sell?

Triolgy of Terror scared the crap out of me when I was younger. Karen Black's name still runs a chill down my spine. She was in another horror movie called "Burnt Offerings" that made me have to sleep with a light on through junior high.

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-20 09:28 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 09:37 am   Permalink

bwana & chongo -

check yr pms.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation