FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Any fans of Guitar Wolf??
Any fans of Guitar Wolf??
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Only the greatest Jett Rock-n-Roll band in the world!! Ever!! Anyone seen "Wild Zero"??? Zombies, UFOs, and Guitar Wolf, what could be better????

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-22 18:15 ]

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-22 17:22, Lars wrote:
Only the greatest Jett Rock-n-Roll band in the world!! Ever!! Anyone seen "Wild Zero"??? Zombies, UFOs, and Guitar Wolf, what could be better????

Japanese band? I wanted to check them out but never did, always read good reviews. Vas is dis "Wild Zero" of which you speak? I like zombies. I like UFOs. I like Japanese freak-o-billy. In theory at least. Tell me more...

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-22 7:23 pm   Permalink

Drop me an e-mail, and I'll send you a COPY of the movie. karlars12@aol.com

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 7:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-22 19:23, Lars wrote:
I'll send you a COPY...

Jeez! Don't use that word around here! Nobody COPIES nuthin' round here! Everything's completely original!

Thanks, I'll email ya.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 08:05 am   Permalink

Yeah, Missile Me is a fine album! Sounds like it was recorded inside a metal water tank, but all the better for it. I love the way the guitar blasts in during 'Hurricane Rock' - truly unhinged!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-24 09:57 am   Permalink

The production quality is definately part of their charm on record. I had a chance to catch them a couple of years ago, on the tour for "Planet of the Wolves", with The Woggles. They've been my fave ever since. Unfortunaely, there was an altercation with security, and my wife and I were ejected from the club.(apparently, I had to be carried out horizontally by security, although I tell you, I don't remember any of that, and that just doesn't sound like me. Hee, Hee!!) Actually, it was the perfect end to the evening, as far as I was concerned. There is also a great DVD out called "Red Idol", that contains live stuff and video, as well interviews with the band, and interviews with members of various American bands talking about Guitar Wolf. Great stuff!! Any Gasoline fans??? 5-6-7-8s????

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 10:05 ]

TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 5:51 pm   Permalink

I saw Guitar Wolf play live a few years ago and it was terrible, just tuneless screeching noise. Believe me, I tried to like it but it was impossible. Maybe the records are better but Ive never heard them.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-24 6:02 pm   Permalink

No, that's pretty much what they sound like. "Screeching noise" is a pretty fair description, although, I'd have to question "tuneless".

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 18:04 ]

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 02:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-24 18:02, Lars wrote:
No, that's pretty much what they sound like. "Screeching noise" is a pretty fair description, although, I'd have to question "tuneless".

Arf!

Yeah, I saw the 5678's a while back at the Wild Weekend. An enjoyable live band who are heavier on the tunes and have managed to eliminate screeching noise from their set altogether. They are the band that play in Kill Bill Vol 1, so a lot more people know about them than they realise.

Trader Woody

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-03-25 02:27 ]

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-15 11:29 am   Permalink

R.I.P. Billy.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 01:36 am   Permalink

I ditto that....

Quote:

On 2005-06-15 11:29, SwampCreature wrote:
R.I.P. Billy.

Jamio Designs (jamio.com)-Taboo Tiki and Kustom Kulture Art

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 12:05 pm   Permalink

Don't you mean "Jazz Wolf"!?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-16 11:51 pm   Permalink

Hardly. But that's pretty funny. Actually, in the context, it's just a little funny. Teenie weenie.

[ This Message was edited by: SwampCreature on 2005-06-17 00:00 ]

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation