[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » pub tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
pub tiki
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 09:22 am   Permalink

check it out foobooze a local philly blog just ran this artiicle on pub tiki? http://foobooz.com/2010/07/retro-raunt-pub-tiki/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Foobooz+%28Foobooz+Posts%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 5:53 pm   Permalink

I finally picked up one the Pub Tiki menus that has the Hawaiian family luau photo on the cover. The menu has some great graphics on the front and back.

The inside of the menu with some humorous attempts at pigeon English.

Bloody Mary was the waitress.

No cheap bastards allowed.

And, the cross-over listing for of the 1 1/2 logo: For 1.5 hours of parking and 1.5 shots in a drink at the bar.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 4:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome menu Scott...congrads !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 6:21 pm   Permalink

Reposting my old Pub Tiki ad done by Jack Davis:

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

I just got two of the Pub Tiki swizzles featuring, you guessed it, the old 1 1/2 logo on the Tiki.

I also saw this interesting little bird topper that went into the top of the crispy "Noodle Nest" dish.

Pub Tiki certainly liked to use a bit of humor in their advertising!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 07:59 am   Permalink

I saw this ad for the Pub Tiki Luau on ebay.

If you read the fine print, parking is 50 cents for 2 hours! This must have been before they went with the 1 1/2 hour free parking that is listed on all of their merchandise.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 5:51 pm   Permalink

I picked up another nice illustrated menu from Pub Tiki.

The cover.

Some Enchanted Eating - you just have to love the Pub Tiki humor.

The back, advertising large party events.

More humor on the inside.

DC

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 09:17 am   Permalink

Wow. No one would ever be able to get away with that kind of cultural stereotype these days. Some of it's funny, some of it's just baaaaddddd.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 10:53 am   Permalink

Pub Tiki truck on flikr.

These flikr photos say they were taken at Pub Tiki in November 1969.
www.flickr.com/photos/19517090@N07/7904457792/in/photostream/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 5:26 pm   Permalink

I cleaned up those pictures a bit (there's also a few labeled as Mariott Inn but I'm not sure which was which. I guess someone was into the polynesian places):

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-02 17:53, Dustycajun wrote:

i wouldn't drink the schuylkill punch!

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-15 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-17 09:17, Hale Tiki wrote:
Wow. No one would ever be able to get away with that kind of cultural stereotype these days. Some of it's funny, some of it's just baaaaddddd.

have you been to philly?
it took them 44 years to change the name of chink's steaks, and there are still "speak english" signs at geno's 2 years after vento's death.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation