FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki kona kai philadelphia originals!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
kona kai philadelphia originals!!
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:16 pm   Permalink

The Maori looking tiki on the left is great! I guess for the money they're asking for him he should do more than just stand there and look fierce!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:20 pm   Permalink

$5,500? is that all?

I'll take 2!

-Z

(as soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house)

[ This Message was edited by: feelin' zombified on 2004-03-26 20:21 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-28 12:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah...those are definitely not Kona Kai statues...WHERE did I put this guy's phone number, damn...
He has a tatoo studio in Philly, and knew someone who was offering them...

Anyway THESE are nice, and now it seems even more urgent to find interior shots of the pub tiki, to maybe match them up. Ekman, can't you make contact with the owner family through the now owner of the last pub standing? They must have SOMETHING that shows the place in their attic...

Still these carvings are not SO amazing that I would shell out that kinda dough for them.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ekman spiral
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-28 8:29 pm   Permalink

i was thinking about contacting the owner of the pub and seeing if he has anything or.. about opening up a new one!
are you talking about the tattoo tiki place off south street in philly? the owner has a nice tiki statue in the window.. i wonder if its authentic.. it does look very well done.. hmm
i'll have to get you the number..

View Profile of ekman spiral Send a personal message to ekman spiral      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-29 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-26 19:12, ekman spiral wrote:
a restaurant? entitled 'Langer's' (or something that sounds like that) that closed "over forty years ago" in Malvern, PA.

Probably Langerman's Luau, Narberth, Pa. (I have a moai mug from there. I don't know where in Narberth the restaurant was located.)

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 2:57 pm   Permalink

I'm a day early on my savage archaeology thingie but I'm gonna be gone all day tomorrow. Hope this qualifies.

At our luau last night my great friends got together and had an original menu from the Philadelphia Mariott Kona Kai framed for me. Even better is that they framed it in such a way that you can still flip through it. One of my friends was hanging onto this menu since he was a little kid and he says it's ca. 1980.

Here's some pics for you menu fans. I can send full-sized images to whomever wants them.

[ This Message was edited by: pappythesailor 2009-01-07 11:45 ]

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

I love how you can have normal ice cream for one price, or Haagen-Dazs brand for .50 more -- that sounds mid-'80s to me!

Cool menu, thanks for posting it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 8:24 pm   Permalink

the owner of the tattoo shop on 4th street off of south is Biily Funk son of the famous Philadephia Eddie they both have multiple shops around south street . the one off of south is all hawaiian themed . His girlfriend runs it, she is from hawaii and they also have a shop on one of the islands.

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
InsultComicDog

Posted: 2005-09-24 2:20 pm   Permalink

Just ran across this thread about the Pub Tiki.

The Pub Tiki I believe closed in the 80's, it was one of 5 restaurants owned by the same group but the others were not Tiki themed.

The Pub on the Airport Circle in Pennsauken is the last remaining restaurant of the group and is owned by a member of the family of the original owners, maybe he has some Pub Tiki photos.

View Profile of InsultComicDog Send a personal message to InsultComicDog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation