FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix II on March 26th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix II on March 26th
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-29 7:45 pm   Permalink

I do believe I had the pleasure of seeing Bill Tapia, if memory serves, a few years ago, at the Last Remaining Seat Series sponsored by the L.A. Conservancy at the Orpheum Theatre featuring the film "From Here to Eternity". So it was truly a remarkable experience to see him up close and personal. His stories were great, it was an honor.

My hats off to you King for putting together a great show! The film clips, the Friki Tikis, the "live" video, the East Indies Tour--was a real treat! Thank you for a most wonderful evening.

And I'll work on my hula to help out Shelly next time!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 11:15 pm   Permalink

BILL TAPIA IS IN THE LA TIMES TODAY!!
Thanks again for all your support and interest in Tiki Taix. I have gotten an amazing response for our guest Bill Tapia the 96 year old ukulele player. He has told me that he would be happy to return and rock your world with some face melting solos!! And if you look on the the cover of the California section of the LA Times today THURSDAY April 1st You will see your own beloved Bill on the cover! He was great and You were great and he'll be back and we hope you'll be back for Tiki Taix III on April 30th 2004. Pre-Oasis Party...see you there.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 11:21 pm   Permalink

Here's a link to get to the link to get to the article
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8391&forum=1&0

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-04-01 23:23 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-01 23:15, KING KUKULELE wrote:
...we hope you'll be back for Tiki Taix III on April 30th 2004. Pre-Oasis Party...see you there.

Hey, is this still happening? I've been planning on it, but this is the only mention I've seen of the event, and Friday's fast approaching. Fisherman Trio is playing at the Lava Lounge that same night, and I'm trying to decide between the two. I need more information!!!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-26 12:28 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu - I'm going to do my darndest to make it to the Lava Lounge but I'm driving down after work, so we'll see. Hopefully I'll see you there! If not, I'll call you on Sat.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation