FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show and Sale @ Minnie's Modesto May 22
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show and Sale @ Minnie's Modesto May 22
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 07:47 am   Permalink

I am meeting with the owner of Minnie's next week to discuss a possible Tiki Art Show and Sale out on the large patio for this spring/summer. If there are artists interested, post here or PM or e-mail. I know it could be a logistical problem since Modesto is far from the center of the Tiki Universe (LoCal?) but I feel a need to fulfill a hunger for tiki among the local masses. Some of you I will talk to at the S.F. Crawl. Chongolio, this will be a great outlet for you too. I think we will have the carvings covered, it's the paintings and other media we will need to fill. Let's see if there's an interest. All you hobbyist maybe it's time for you to come out of the closet and display your stuff. Do not post your work here. This is only in the infant stages. Poly Pop I've seen your work.....think about it.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-05-21 18:12 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-25 1:50 pm   Permalink

Neat.

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-25 15:18 ]

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 6:57 pm   Permalink

?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 02:49 am   Permalink

!!!!!!

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 08:07 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-26 08:08 ]

Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 1:19 pm   Permalink

I think that's a neat idea. There are plenty of good artists on this site. I wish you the best of luck!!

Would you be interested in tattoo flash based on traditional Polynesian and Micronesian design?? I think it goes quite well with the theme.

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 13:33 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 1:51 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure what Tattoo Flash is. ??
I will need to display some paintings. Got some?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 2:34 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry, that's what I was refering to, paintings on canvas, not actual flash sheets. Let me get some things together, and I'll send you some pics.

karlars12@aol.com

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:50 pm   Permalink

You're on.
I haven't seen any of your work.
Also haven't been able to access your website.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:56 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry, I don't really have a website, I was just screwing around.(go figure) I'll send you some pics, to see if you're interested, but I don't know your e-mail address.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:02 pm   Permalink

Lars, click on the homepg. button below, then you'll find my e-mail.

Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:14 pm   Permalink

Cool, thank you. I'll get some pics together and mail them to you this weekend.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 7:14 pm   Permalink

The date for the show is Sat. May 22 from 6 to 9pm. For you Bay Area TCer's you can do your thrifting, get a bite to eat at Minnie's and check out the show and sale all in one day/night. Right now I've confirmed 3 artists but I'm working on a surprise guest. Also Lars might be displaying his work (although he won't be attending). Come out and check it out and keep an open mind. I'll post more later.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 01:56 am   Permalink

Hey! Sounds very cool. May be able to help fill wall space with bamboo-framed prints of my tiki and tiki-inspired art. I probably can't send originals 'cause they're booked into a show here for May-June, but might be able to work something out...

Going to post some art on TC soon, but in the meantime, you can view it on my website at
www.TheArtDeck.com.

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey Travelin' Tiki, thanks for the offer. How are you going to get them down here without paying for the high cost of shipping?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation