FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Got Beer?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Got Beer?
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:59 pm   Permalink

I know that the exotic drinks are probably the choice of most people on this site, but is there anyone here who would surely pass up that Mai Tai for a beer?? I will be the first to count myself on that list. I love my beer. It makes me happy, and witty, and handsome(well, the beer doesn't really do that. I'm already a looker), and obnoxious, and bolligerent. I just love my beer. Anyone else love their beer??

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 21:01 ]

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 9:06 pm   Permalink

I know a few guys on this place who love there beer, me included but I will not pass up a good mai tai for a beer. Some of the guys here are expert mixologists. Hang around, you'll see. Don't feel put out but this subject has been discussed before.... in fact someone will probably post a link to a past thread soon.
Now I'm gonna get me a beer...hey it's easy.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 9:15 pm   Permalink

Well, there is one drink that I really enjoy, the Coconaut. But I'll still pick a beer first. It's like alcoholic soda, I love it. Working on a 12 pack as we speak. Drinking beer, watching a Melvins DVD, painting. It's a good night.

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 21:23 ]

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 10:34 pm   Permalink

P.B.R.!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 10:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Larz-

Find EKU28 . A "Very Intense" beer. Drink a 6 pack and then tell me what you think. High Times in Costa Mesa has it if it's not avail. in Whittier. Stop talking and go on this mission. Trust me!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 11:31 pm   Permalink

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!! Sounds interesting.

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-27 1:23 pm   Permalink

Interesitng question Lars...
This would be a major problem for me:
to drink a "Perfect" Mai-Tai or to drink a perfectly poured pint of guinness...
I'd probably end up drinking them both...but the guinness first.
However, I never run into this situation, as niether of the two are ever available at the same drinking establishment.
Quote:
Find EKU28 . A "Very Intense" beer

Sounds intriguing Ben...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 1:59 pm   Permalink

EKU28--he's not kidding. I've tried it. If you can get past the taste, it will definitely get you f***ed up! I was told at the time it was the world's strongest beer.
Here's a page about it.

[ This Message was edited by: Biotron2000 on 2004-03-27 14:03 ]

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki

Posted: 2004-03-27 3:58 pm   Permalink

whoa...
Did lars just get a tikified name going on?
could he be falling pray to "Tiki Culture"?
what could be next, self expression?
taky shirts?
Chisles?
Tune in tomorrow,
Same Tiki time,
Same Tiki Channel.
na na, na na, na na, na na, Tikiiiiiiiii...

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 6:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-26 22:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Larz-

Find EKU28 . A "Very Intense" beer. Drink a 6 pack and then tell me what you think. High Times in Costa Mesa has it if it's not avail. in Whittier. Stop talking and go on this mission. Trust me!

Ben, I used to drink that stuff at the hofbrauhaus in Olde World Village (just down the road from you in H.B.). Some ass kickin' brewsky fer sure! Lately I been drinking it's little brother, Spaten Optimator (weighing in at 7.2%). Of course when I feel like I need to excellerate the inebreation process, I bring out the local favorite...Stone Ruination Ale. Which (as Monty Python would say) has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit and really opens up the sluices at both ends.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 11:14 pm   Permalink

Lone Star Beer, and Shiner Bock are my beer faves. I've tried others, I'll drink others if given to me, but I always go back to the Texas beers. Love those German imigrants/transplants. Oh and I don't drink light beers. I have one word for that PI**-Water!

My faves make me 10ft tall and bullet-proof.

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
www.unklejohn.com

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2004-03-27 23:26 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2004-03-28 11:52 am   Permalink

Favorites:

English ales are my all-time favorites: John Courage, Fuller's ESB, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale, Newcastle. They're so well-balanced between bitterness, sweetness, and fruitiness.

German beers run a close second. So many varieties are avialable: bocks, lagers, pilsners, Weiss beer. My recent favorite is Kostritzer, a black lager!

Belgian beers come in third. Lambics are my favorite after-dinner beers.

But on a hot day I still like an ice-cold Budweiser or PBR.

This topic was discussed before here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=3654&forum=1

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-29 07:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-27 13:59, Biotron2000 wrote:
EKU28--he's not kidding. I've tried it. If you can get past the taste, it will definitely get you f***ed up! I was told at the time it was the world's strongest beer.
Here's a page about it.

Did you check out the page? Includes this quote: "I agree with my friend Henk. EKU is the pits. You wouldn't want to pour this piss down the throat of your mother in law. It must have been brewed by Nazis."

Anyway, I'm currently working my way through Michael Jackson's Great Beer Guide, which has a different beer on each of it's 500 pages. It comes highly recommended as it's so clear and concise, and looks like this in the UK but I understand it looks like this: in the US.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:43 am   Permalink

Jackson also publishes an excellent guide to Belgian beers. I get little articles from him each month with my belgian beer-of-the-month shipments.

Folks in the Bay Area (and beyond) should watch this space for a Belgian beer tasting party at my place in a few months. I have a huge collection of rare and unusual beers in many styles from Belgium and I'm anxious to share.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-29 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-27 18:40, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-26 22:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Larz-

Ben, I used to drink that stuff at the hofbrauhaus in Olde World Village (just down the road from you in H.B.). Some ass kickin' brewsky fer sure! Lately I been drinking it's little brother, Spaten Optimator (weighing in at 7.2%). Of course when I feel like I need to excellerate the inebreation process, I bring out the local favorite...Stone Ruination Ale. Which (as Monty Python would say) has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit and really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Shipwreck, the next Stone Ruination growler fill is April 16th & 17th. The Special growler fill after that is the 2003 Double Bastard Ale on May 7th & 8th (Mother's Day Weekend)! Woo-Hoo, I'm getting my 3 liter filled!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation