FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Port Aventura, Barcelona, Spain (other)
Port Aventura, Barcelona, Spain (other)
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 01:46 am   Permalink

Name:Port Aventura
Type:other
Street:Exit 35 on the A7 Highway
City:Barcelona
State:
Zip:n/a
Phone:34 902 20 22 20

Description:
Port Aventura is a vast Disney-like amusement park, run by Universal just an hour out of Barcelona. It has an entire section of the park designated as 'Polynesia - the South Seas Paradise'. There are rides, shows, places to eat, and Tiki gardens just to walk around.

Features include:
Kon-Tiki Wave - one of those classic boat rides that have a progressive pendular motion, reaching 180 degrees each way but in a mock-up of the Kon-Tiki
Loco Loco Tiki - A mad ride galloping around the park to the sound of tropical drums
Tami-Tami - a Tiki rollercoaster
TuTuki Splash - A waterslide down a volcano meeting natives celebrating Pele at the bottom
Aloha Tahiti - Spectacular dance show in front of giant Tikis

Bars and restaurants include the Bambu, the Bora Bora, the Captain's Refuge, King Komehamba, and the Tropical.

Finally there's the Makamanu Gardens, a Tiki paradise filled with exotic birds, plants, and Tiki statues.

More at their website:
http://www.portaventura.es/

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 01:59 am   Permalink

Some photos scraped off the web:

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-03-31 4:16 pm   Permalink

From Tongaroa's post:

Well - after Trader Woody's comment in the Tiki Coaster thread - I started searching.... Here are some pix of Port Aventura in Spain...
I remember seeing some sketches of this the last time I freelanced for Universal - but I always assumed that it would be populated with smaller versions of the exisiting Uni Studios attractions in California & Florida.... It looks to me like the only character they have in the park is Woody Woodpecker for some reason....
Anyway - they have an entire themed "land" - Polynesia. Tacky theme park fans rejoice!

"Polynesia" is supposed to be an area that Captain Cook has discovered - and the year is 1779...

The photos really remind me of Lion Country Safari's visitor area... But themed in a better way...

Attractions:
Tutuki Splash - Journey on a boat through Tiki caves & into an active volcano....

Sea Odyssey - a submarine simulator attraction (no tikis)

Canoes - small childrens boat ride.

Kon-Tiki Wave - "you will feel like a pirate in the great heat of a tropical storm..."

Loco-Loco Tiki - typical "Fun Bus" ride with tropical decor...

Tami-Tami - children's coaster...

Makamanu Garden - enclosed bird sanctuary...

Aloha Tahiti - Polynesian revue on the beach...

Bora Bora - restaurant with floor show...

Mers Du Sud - polynesian gift shop...

To see more pix - check out the website I grabbed these from:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.umwebsite.com%2Fpags%2F1pa-polynesia.htm&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 4:26 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow!

tangaroa, you are a theme park guru!!!!

Great pictures!!!!

Now I have a reason to visit back home again!

I can't believe I never knew about this place!
I guess I was too busy sweating my balls of in the frying pan that is Sevilla, drinking tinto and eating really stinky cheese!!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 10:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Mick.
If you are into theme parks, you might enjoy some of my artwork on my website -
http://www.christophermerritt.com
None of it is old park design, and there are lotsa dead links right now - but the history section, which deals with old parks should be up next week sometime.

And of course, check out the new "E" Ticket website: http://www.the-e-ticket.com

But thanks for the kudos!

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa on 2004-04-01 10:37 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 11:06 am   Permalink

Your welcome Bro! You da man!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 11:46 am   Permalink

Damn, I wanted to go back to Barcelona that i allready love...then i have some more reasons.
I'll be there this summer, that's for sure.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-23 04:33 am   Permalink

· MERS DU SUD:

En Mers du Sud podrás comprar artículos autóctonos hechos por los indígenas de Polynesia, como collares, piezas de madera, ropa, esculturas, etc. In Mers du Sud you can purchase items made by indigenous native of Polynesia, as necklaces, woodwork, clothing, sculptures, etc.. El interior de la tienda, así como el cartel de la entrada, está inspirado con las pinturas de Gauguin. The interior of the store and the lineup of entry, is inspired by the paintings of Gauguin.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-08 11:38 pm   Permalink

Article on Port Adventura with photos of Polynesia Land

MiceChat: Port Adventura Spain

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation