[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki "Worst Tiki Mug Ever!!!" -Comicbook Guy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
"Worst Tiki Mug Ever!!!" -Comicbook Guy
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 09:10 am   Permalink

I actually bought my second of these mugs months after seeing the first. The first had obviously come out of a mold that was about to be thrown away as it's features were more blob than mantis.

I got the second because it was made for the Sheraton at Heathrow airport, London. At the time, it was the only kinda British mug that I was aware of, despite being made in Hawaii.

It's also fairly heavy and undoubtably painful if thrown at force, so it's the one I'll pick up if I ever have to confront a burglar!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 12:42 pm   Permalink

My mom brought me one of those ugly bastards. She found it at a flea market by the road in Franklinton, Louisiana. I said I would never bid on one and I didnt. Kon-Tiki, What where you thinking? Damn thats ugly!

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-21 1:13 pm   Permalink

I don't know- I think it's SO scary looking, that it's actually pretty cool!

But maybe that's because it's more disturbing "in the flesh"?

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luau63
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-22 09:02 am   Permalink

once i saw a 1950s black & white horror movie and the monster looked exactly like this mug. i'm not kidding! it was slow and i think had a greasy liquid that dripped out of it's mouth. BTW i've got this mug...unless i donated it to hawaiian breeze here in town.

View Profile of luau63 Send a personal message to luau63      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 1:19 pm   Permalink

Here's a chance to pick up the older version of this best, one made by Crane Associates. Really makes little diference in terms of its repulsiive countenance, these buggers hit every limb after falling out of the ugly tree.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2131710393

If your collection is without this classic mug...good thing! Of course mine is on a bottom shelf, WAAAYYY in the back. It will be totally safe during the next big quake...as my Tiki Bobs and Ren Clark mugs come crashing down.

No joke, someone once paid $100 for this mug.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 1:39 pm   Permalink

Oh, yeah. I remember someone paying wayyyyyyy over the odds for one of these. They aren't even that old. (late 80's?) Perhaps they thought it was an original Crane from the 50's or something.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation