FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Glass Floats and Netting at Michaels, now Glass "Floats" at Target
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Glass Floats and Netting at Michaels, now Glass "Floats" at Target
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 11:17 am   Permalink

hey all,

in the spirit of finding coco joes at dollar tree and suffering bastards full of beans at t.j. maxx, my wahine informs me that there are currently glass floats (complete with netting) and separately sold netting at michael's arts and crafts, at least locally to us.

http://www.michaels.com

the glass floats come in yellow, blue and green (?) and are about 5 inches diameter. they were about $5 each.

the netting was about $8 each. i didn't get a dimension.

apparently these items were near a decorative area that sells seashells and driftwood, etc.

good luck ~ j$

(shelling seasells)

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-07-13 06:50 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 12:36 pm   Permalink

thanks for the tip. We were going to buy some glass floats at the aloha festival here in Phx, but we spent all of our money on lamps. $5 is a price I can handle. I'll have to check this weekend and see if they have them here.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 7:31 pm   Permalink

I wish they had that when I worked for them back in '95 while in college.

I did happen to see some at Hobby Lobby (while in Lubbock, but I never checked the ones in my area), but I haven't lately. I thought they looked too cheaply made and wouldn't survive the 7 hour trip home.
Thanks for the tip, I'll run up to Arlington to scam a few!
Speaking of Hobby Lobby, I bought a kick ass "native mask" from them right after x-mas. When I went back (Again in Lubbock, haven't checked my area) they where all sold out.
Moral: buy it when you see it.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 3:43 pm   Permalink

JD, do you have a SKU on those floats? I found the netting but not the glass. The clerk I spoke to said Az stores can take a while to get stock in.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 8:14 pm   Permalink

theres a place here in columbus called old time pottery, i just found glass floats there (strings of three in netting, bigger ones and smaller ones) they're 2.99 & 3.99 each. great deal! nice looking too.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 06:30 am   Permalink

the tags are still on them at home, i'll look tonite!

j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-31 20:14, chisel slinger wrote:
theres a place here in columbus called old time pottery, i just found glass floats there (strings of three in netting, bigger ones and smaller ones) they're 2.99 & 3.99 each. great deal! nice looking too.

Oh damn. Now I gotta go to Old Time Pottery as well. Thanks for the tip!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 07:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-31 15:43, Cultjam wrote:
JD, do you have a SKU on those floats? I found the netting but not the glass. The clerk I spoke to said Az stores can take a while to get stock in.

lisa lisa, the info on the tag is

SKU 350279 (24753)
(bar code)
don mechanic enterprises, dallas, tx
made in china

velly nice! the netting could use some reworking if people are so inclined. j$

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 5:35 pm   Permalink

J$ - which Michaels? I checked the store in Towson with no results...help a local brother out here!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-02 17:35, johntiki wrote:
J$ - which Michaels? I checked the store in Towson with no results...help a local brother out here!

hey john-t,

she got them at the michaels in annapolis. is that accessible by you? if necessary she could get some for you and we could find a way to exchange at a mutually beneficial location ~ peaaaaace j$

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 8:57 pm   Permalink

Here's a pic of what the Michael's float looks like in the lovely blue hue. Second pic shows it right around the actual 5" size. Don't forget that Michael's almost always runs a 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper. This week they have an additional one for 50% off (good on Saturday only I think).

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 08:59 am   Permalink

thanks exoticat that's groovin! j$

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 4:26 pm   Permalink

You're welcome. I checked on the Michael's coupons:

40% any one regular priced item all week
50% off one item FRIDAY only (8am - 1pm)
30% off your entire purchase SATURDAY only (6pm - 9pm)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 06:47 am   Permalink

hellooooo johntiki!?! ~j$

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-14 09:19 am   Permalink

bump now that johntiki is -back in town-

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation