FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Beer Review Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beer Review Thread
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 1:27 pm   Permalink

Heads Up...

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th:
SESSION A: 11:00am-2:00pm
SESSION B: 2:45pm-5:45pm

The Date is announced and confirmed! Saturday, September 8th is the official date of the Stone 11th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival. Mark your calendars.

OK, the next question is when will tickets go on sale? The answer is, not for a few weeks yet, but in PLENTY of time in advance of the event. Why? Because while we can confidently announce the date, there are still a number of technical details we feel we should get in the bag before we start the ticket sales. Call it our conservative side (didn't think we had one, did you?).

So, mark the calendars, adjust the travel schedule and keep the email Inbox open for the announcement of tickets going on sale for Session A and Session B soon.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 05:09 am   Permalink

Great British Beer Festival is on at Earl's Court. Starts Wednesday thro' to Saturday (I think).

See you there on Thursday. or should that be Thirstday? (what a wit!)

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 03:07 am   Permalink

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=gbbf

It's here

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 6:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-03 13:27, Tiki Bird wrote:
Heads Up...

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th:
SESSION A: 11:00am-2:00pm
SESSION B: 2:45pm-5:45pm

I'm showin up for the morning session, then heading to pizza port for more!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 6:45 pm   Permalink

Fill a growler and come by our chop in Oceanside! http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=25332&forum=17&start=75

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 6:32 pm   Permalink

Got to try some beers at the beerfest from....

Tried these...

which won the North American Brewers' Association - 2007 Gold Medal
&

which won the 2006 World Beer Cup Gold Medal Winner / Herb and Spice Category & the San Diego Craft Brewer's Competition & Festival - 2007 Gold Medal
My friends & I really liked this won alot & picked it best of the fest.
For more info goto..
http://www.mauibrewingco.com/

TBird.

UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-11 10:05 am   Permalink

Looks like the porter is now available on the mainland:
Maui Brewing Co. in California

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 4:02 pm   Permalink

New Stone beer: http://www.stonebrew.com/12th/ale/

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 5:33 pm   Permalink

Anybody tried Drake's Pilsner. Okay I admit it, I bought it mostly cuz of the packaging. But if it really does keep scurvy away.................ARRRRGH! Found it at BevMo.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 5:03 pm   Permalink

I lobe this bree. Never have I tasted a fersher bree ot ofa bottel. I swear it poored like a keg bree. Try it, you won be appointed. mmmmmmmmm. I'm cerius. Jus can't speel.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-01 06:51 am   Permalink

http://www.miltonbrewery.co.uk/beers/tiki.html
I haven't tried it yet though.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-02 17:33, Jungle Trader wrote:
Anybody tried Drake's Pilsner. Okay I admit it, I bought it mostly cuz of the packaging. But if it really does keep scurvy away.................ARRRRGH! Found it at BevMo.

Scurvy away?!? Please don't tell me you're squeezing lime or orange into it like a Corona or Blue Moon!

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 5:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-04 13:06, joefla70 wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-02 17:33, Jungle Trader wrote:

Scurvy away?!? Please don't tell me you're squeezing lime or orange into it like a Corona or Blue Moon!

Nope, not squeezing nothin' cept my lips around it. Have you tried it joefla?

Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 10:04 pm   Permalink

What do ya think of .....

Guinness Anniversary Stout. The beer commemorates the date on which Arthur Guinness signed the lease on St. James’ Gate in Dublin: December 31, 1759. Guinness hasn’t come around to the craft beer scene yet but this one might appeal to craft drinkers.

Enjoy a pint!

TBIrd.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 09:53 am   Permalink

thanks for the Heads up.

I used to be a fan of Guinness, but then I got burnt out on it.
but I will give this one a try.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation