FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Beer Review Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beer Review Thread
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 6:27 pm   Permalink

Ya' gotta mix it up brah. Guinness, mmmmmm, smooth with a foamy head. Always good.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-20 12:07 pm   Permalink

For my money, Maudite is one of the best ales on the market.

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 9:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-12-06 14:25 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 3:50 pm   Permalink

Stone Vertical Epic 10/10/10 is quite tasty!!! Pick it up before it is drunk, drank, drinked.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 15:50, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Stone Vertical Epic 10/10/10 is quite tasty!!! Pick it up before it is drunk, drank, drinked.

I've yet to have a Stone that isn't quite tasty. Too bad their anniversary celebration is always the same weekend as Oasis. I'd much rather finally make a trip to Oasis than go to Stone.

Yes. You can see where my priorities are.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-05 8:10 pm   Permalink

Wonder what these 2 brewskies taste like!!!

Worlds most expensive beer made from Antarctic ice
by Kraig Becker (RSS feed) on Dec 3rd 2010 at 8:00AM

Australian beer maker Nail Brewing revealed the secret behind its latest ale, which set a new record for the most expensive beer ever produced when it was sold at auction last month. The new limited edition brew, which was produced and sold for charity, was made from melted Antarctic ice.

Dubbed Antarctic Nail Ale, the beer first went on the auction block to raise money for the Sea Sheperd Conservation Society, an organization dedicated to protecting whales and other sealife around the globe. On November 3, a single bottle sold for an amazing $800 AUD (roughly $780), setting the new record for the worlds most expensive beer in the process. That auction was just the warm-up however, as another bottle went up for sale on November 19, smashing the new record. That second bottle sold for a whopping $1850 AUD ($1805)!

The beer was created by John Stallwood, the owner of Nail Brewing. Stallwood's brother-in-law is part of the crew on board a Sea Sheperd ship, and recently visited an iceberg floating in the waters off Antarctica. He collected some of the ice there and flew it back to Tasmania, where it was melted and then passed on to Stallwood to use in the beer.

I've had some expensive beer before, but $1850 for a single bottle? I'd have to nurse that one for a really long time.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 10:39 am   Permalink

^ Probably has caveman hair in it or something, yeeuch.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-07 3:54 pm   Permalink

I just home brewed my first batch of cream stout and tomorrow I will bottle it. My next batch to brew is an American pale ale. Any other tiki/beer freaks out there that home brew?

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-07 4:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-30 15:05, pablus wrote:

Seattle has great unfiltered microbrews while Tampa has rancid swill sloshing out of Busch Gardens. Hooray for us.

they haven't brewed in tampa for 20 years. stopped in the early 90's. btw love paulaner too.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-01-07 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-07 16:04, talo ka wrote:
...btw love paulaner too.

kalugiPaulaner Salvator! My favorite Double Bock!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-20 11:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-07 15:54, Tikitatt wrote:
I just home brewed my first batch of cream stout and tomorrow I will bottle it. My next batch to brew is an American pale ale. Any other tiki/beer freaks out there that home brew?

My son and I home brew, we are in a home brewing club, The Maltose Falcons out of Woodland Hills, CA. My son and I are total HOP HEADS and are brewing mostly IPA's. We grow our own hops and plan to really kick it up this year and build a brew rack and a walk in fridge to keep kegs and a warmer area in there to keep our carboys during ferment. I would like to brew some Prickly Pear Stout. Where are you located?

BTW Stone is the best beer in the world....does that make me an Arrogant Bastard?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 10:31 pm   Permalink

this was a limited edition beer brewed by dogfish head craft that one of my friends had kept stored away. unlike the ales that dogfish is more famous for, this is a honey stout, slightly bold and smokey, best enjoyed chilled to about 40-45 degrees f. according to the website, it's recommended to be drank whilst listening to the miles davis album 'bitches brew': choice cigarette, cigar or pipe is left to the consumers select choice.

i polished off two of these while smoking
the doctors favorite brand of cigarette. oh yes, and miles davis on the symphonic record player.

conclusion? a fine stout and excellent companion to any miles davis record. too bad it's not a regular thing though.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-21 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-20 22:31, socksoff wrote:

Socks, this is a most excellent brew! I still have two bottles! I think 120 Minute is finally being bottled/shipped.

Erik the Red

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 4:31 pm   Permalink

canadian stout- a little on the sweet side but it manages to quench the thirst.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-14 7:50 pm   Permalink

anyone tried this? i'm a big fan of guinness and dark beers in general so i'm really looking forward to tasting this

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation