FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki State Quarters: 50th State's design?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
State Quarters: 50th State's design?
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-27 2:39 pm   Permalink

I got a Hawaii quarter free for whoever wants it. Be the first one to post here then PM me your mailing address

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 7:40 pm   Permalink

I want it!! I collect the quarters. I'm finishing up the collection my Grandma started before she passed away a few years ago. She was born in 1906, so she saw a few states come in and saw alot of history. She was a really special person.

I'll pm you!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-27 9:40 pm   Permalink

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-22 09:07 am   Permalink

I found a Puerto Rico quarter today, that means the Samoa and Mariana Island quarters can't be too far behind.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-03 4:14 pm   Permalink

I found a new quarter today, I didn't even know we were minting quarters for our northern territories

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-11-03 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-22 09:07, MadDogMike wrote:

A Kava Bowl on a U.S. quarter! I would never have imagined such a thing. Very nice. I gotta gets me some.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 6:06 pm   Permalink

I got one of the American Samoa quarters the other day. It's pretty cool.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-25 10:05 pm   Permalink

Well I still haven't found a Samoa quarter with the Kava Bowl but I did find a Guam quarter today with an outrigger canoe

Is Guam considered part of Polynesia?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 7:50 pm   Permalink

I look at every quarter that passes through my hands and after my whine last night I got a Samoan quarter today!

beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-26 8:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-26 19:50, MadDogMike wrote:
I look at every quarter that passes through my hands and after my whine last night I got a Samoan quarter today!

I was gonna mail you the one I found at the bead store the other day - we were trying to figure out what the "mops" were for! LOL

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-02 7:52 pm   Permalink

I'm really not a coin collector. We got a book with 55(?) slots in it when the kids were little, I finally found all the states and territories to fill the book and quit looking at quarters.

Today I happened to find a Gettysburg National Park quarter in my pocket, turns out they have a new series of quarters that will feature a national park from each state and territory. The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park quarter will be released sometime later this year. Final image selection has not yet been made, here are some of the leading designs (sorry, no tiki)

Now I guess I'll have to get another book and start a collection "for the grandchildren"

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 8:49 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2012-01-02 19:52, MadDogMike wrote:

Turns out they have a new series of quarters that will feature a national park from each state and territory. The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park quarter will be released sometime later this year. (sorry, no tiki)

The "City of Refuge" IS a National Park, so I suppose they are waiting to put a Tiki on US currency.

There is a postage stamp. Here are two First Day of Issue cachets in my collection...

There are MANY others. Visit your local stamp and coin shop.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-01-10 06:28 am   Permalink

Final selection on the Hawai'i Volcanoes NP quarter has been made:
http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawaii_today/2012/1/5/Hawaii_Big+Island_Kilauea_Volcanoes+National+Park_quarter

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-24 4:22 pm   Permalink

I just got one of the Hawai'i Volcanoes quarters today, first one I've seen!
Still haven't come across any of the Samoa or Guam ones yet, though.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation