Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Cool & Stange Music Magaize is dead
Cool & Stange Music Magaize is dead
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 3:46 pm   Permalink

It has been a long, long time since Cool & Strange Music has published an issue. I wondered if it was dead. A few people I talked to seemed to think differently. SOme thought it was just slow-going for the new owner to get his first new issue out.

Well, I read this on (former owner/editor of C&SM) Dana Countryman's website today:

http://www.danacountryman.com/WhereIsMyke.html

This was a great magazine and it is very disappointing to hear that he's not even in contact with former contributors.

It was great while it lasted.

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-04-01 16:09 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-01 3:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened to it. Is there any current magazine that covers lounge/space-age pop/exotica/etc., besides Atomic magazine? They cover neo-swing and neo-lounge bands but rarely have anything of substance on original lounge music (an exception was the recent Bob Thompson article by Will the Thrill).

[ This Message was edited by: thejab on 2004-04-01 15:58 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-03 4:28 pm   Permalink

Hmm, sorry to hear that about C&SM - thanks for letting us know Hanford. At least two TCers have been contributors to that magazine in the past.

I guess another rag with some overlap is Outre, but a larger proportion of that magazine is usually devoted to film, tv, sci-fi, and other things beside music. Also, I'm not sure, but I think Outre might have recently merged with its big sister magazine Filmfax.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sillisculpt

Posted: 2004-04-06 9:10 pm   Permalink

i figured as much concidering the time since the switch over. it was one of those publications that seemed to validate my insane concepts about record collecting and music. of course there are on-line zines, but i think it is just not the same. i like to hold the issue in my hand much like holding an actual record and not just downloading an mp3.

[ This Message was edited by: sillisculpt on 2004-04-06 21:14 ]

View Profile of sillisculpt Send a personal message to sillisculpt  Email sillisculpt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation