FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SF Tiki Crawl Night One: Trad'r Sam's/Foggy Grotto
SF Tiki Crawl Night One: Trad'r Sam's/Foggy Grotto
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-02 10:38 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. I hope y'all had a great time. We really enjoyed ourselves. Sam's Sabotage lived up to it's name as always, and we had a little local color from one of "the regulars". Heather's prints sold like wildfire at the Grotto and the rum flowed freely late into the night.

Extra super hyper special thanks to Trader "Poodle" Pup for the INCREDIBLE new Foggy Grotto Lamp! Must see to believe!

Start posting pictures, folks!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-02 12:31 pm   Permalink

And Mig had a blast hangin' with the drunken women in the corner!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 8:58 pm   Permalink

Everybody here is outasite
They don't bark and they don't bite
It's a super natural delight
Everybody dancing in the moonlight

What a great time with a great big beautiful family. Fun fun fun.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 9:28 pm   Permalink

The SF Crawl weekend was a blast! Thanks to Martiki, Mig, Melintur, Tiki Mama & anyone else I may have forgotten for putting on such a cool event. The goody bags, laminates and drinks were a nice touch! Nice to see my old NorCal TC Ohana again as well as meeting some new ones.

See y'all at Oasis!

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: polynesianpop on 2004-04-05 08:10 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 10:04 pm   Permalink

Finally, I get to meet the special people that keep me in spirit from just a simple (but incredible) message board. Truly a special group of people and yes JT, Family. I did not meet one rude or distant person (not counting me that is). The only thing that Im pissed off about, is that its over.
Martiki, you get the Big Kahuna Award for your effort, and Mig too. Thanks so much!
Fellow TCers, I love ya and Im proud to be a part of this tribe.
Only the best to all of you!
Unga

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 11:21 pm   Permalink

Man what a weekend, trader Vics on Friday was a blast and it was great to meet some new ohana last night. I'm with Unga, the only pisser is that it's all over.
Mahalo Nui Loa to Martin and Mig and everyone else who helped to put the crawl together. Y'all done good!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sillisculpt

Posted: 2004-04-05 08:10 am   Permalink

okay. i was harassed enough for never posting and then being accused of being a lurker. but what ever shall i do about that? how about this posting. and i guess, more to follow.
had a great time and of course will see you all again in palm springs.

View Profile of sillisculpt Send a personal message to sillisculpt  Email sillisculpt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 1:30 pm   Permalink

Hooowee! I had just under FIVE HUNDRED PHOTOS to organize. Yikes! I'll go through to write captions and pull a few out to post here, but in the meantime, here's the pics from Day One:

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/sfcrawl_2004/day_1/

Three-foot goatee, absinthe, bum, 24 hours, artwork, egg rolls, ultimate glass float/pufferfish lamp, PROMOTIONAL COPY, Sabotage, handsaw, scary TikiVixen, three-foot merkin.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-05 4:27 pm   Permalink

This night was boring!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 8:40 pm   Permalink

As promised, here's a few highlights:

Trad'r Sam's:

Mr. Smiley and his three feet of braided nosehair

TikiMama & Heather Mills (who's now posting as Travellin' Tiki, welcome aboard!)

Rebecca (aka Boo Loo), cynfulcynner & Martiki

TikiVixen, Mr. Smiley, a woman who doesn't post on TC and whose name I've forgotten but she was very nice and I liked her, and Pop Ylop's manager

Rebecca, looking strangely calm

TikiMama, almost certainly in the middle of saying something terribly witty

Mig, guarding the World's Girliest Drink (it had whipped cream on top, fer chrissakes!)

Rebecca, Martiki & Mig

Perhaps my favorite aloha shirt ever -- and it's a cowboy shirt, too!

Foggy Grotto:

Martiki serves the very lucky TikiVixen and Mr. Smiley

Modern man in his natural habitat -- behind his home bar

Service with a smile

Martiki models his fez

Rebecca is proud to head the Ladies' Tiki Auxiliary

Martiki finishes making my drink, which featured some quite yummy homemade absinthe

One always knows where to find Mig

Pop Ylop's manager, with his three-foot goatee and Mickey Mouse tshirt

Mig and his three-foot astroboy

A teasing peek at Cynful's three-foot merkin

Pop Ylop's manager discusses the exotica biz with Melintur

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Martiki strikes a Maynard-esque pose with his swell new bamboo lamp from Trader Pup (you can't see it in this photo, but Pup carved "Foggy Grotto" in the bamboo by hand)

Martiki has succeeded where so many others have failed... you know you want it

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 2:50 pm   Permalink

Nice work on the lamp Trader Pup. That is a beauty. What tools did you use to carve the Bamboo? Anybody else have pictures of this lamp. Coincidently, I just finished a lamp that is made from bamboo, rope and sea glass. I will post a pic when I get a chance. Once again, killer work on the lamp and Pop Ylop record covers. It was good hanging out again with all you in the SoCal tribe.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-06 9:42 pm   Permalink

Additional pictures of "The Foggy Grotto" can be found at: http://www.underpressuredivers.com/ngallery/default.aspx

Enjoy ... Feel free to download full size images and add captions at your leisure.

[ This Message was edited by: kanaloa on 2004-04-07 00:18 ]

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation