FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Barrel Mugs - opinions?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Barrel Mugs - opinions?
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 12:57 am   Permalink

I suppose if the barrel mug had Jack Daniels on it, there could be an argument that it doesn't belong behind a "tiki" bar.

I happen to like barrel mugs. Wish I had more than just a couple simple ones. I think they express something very important in the tiki culture... RUM! At least, that's what I feel when I see one!

Also, I feel they add a nautical touch and that's very much something I see in "tiki" decor as well. Floats, nets, ropes, fish traps, shells etc...

Yup, barrels work.

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 4:06 pm   Permalink

Barrels are awesome, but should never have handles. Just my opinion.

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 3:14 pm   Permalink

I agree with the NO HANDLES opinion as a purest idea but as Mrs. 8FT told me: "Those of us who have small hands can't hold the barrel mugs and coconut mugs." I guess that's true enough so it's either use 2 hands or leave it on the table and use a really long straw!

I really bumped this thread to post pics of a Barrel mug we have and I don't see it discussed on TC anywhere or on Ooga Mooga or in Tiki Quest. We love it though because it is from the Kona Kai!!!!!!!! Just like ol' 8FT.
Here's a couple of shots.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 3:47 pm   Permalink

8 ft, we have this same Kona Kai Mug. Cool huh?

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 9:15 pm   Permalink

Now that is a Barrel Mug that I have never seen before! Collecting for about nine years now so not really a rookie. This IS a perfect example of why Barrel Mugs deserve and belong behind Tiki bars!! Great piece 8FT Tiki!! Thanks for posting that one! TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 6:33 pm   Permalink

Glorious perfection! as far as barrel mugs go. Yet another want...damn. Oh that reminds me when did i miss the don the beachcomber barrel mug repo, Tiki Farm?! I seen a copy on ooga-mooga, now i want one.

[ This Message was edited by: Mike the Headhunter 2007-02-26 18:35 ]

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation