FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Drinks and Food ╗ ╗ Cachaca
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Cachaca
Porgy McNasty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-21 12:06 pm   Permalink

here is a ready-made google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Cacha%C3%A7a++%22N%C3%AAga+Ful%C3%B4%22&btnG=Google+Search

and a ready-made Alltheweb search (some interesting stuff!):
http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=web&cs=utf-8&l=any&q=Cacha%C3%A7a++%22N%C3%AAga+Ful%C3%B4%22

View Profile of Porgy McNasty Send a personal message to Porgy McNasty  Email Porgy McNasty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 12:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Caber-net...Sounds like a plan! Let me know when you're next up this way! Grey

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoBeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-14 5:19 pm   Permalink

Articles on both Cachaca and the Caipirinha appeared today in my hometown mullet wrapper:

Cachaca:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/living/4277883.htm

Caipirinha:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/living/4277884.htm

View Profile of SoBeTiki Send a personal message to SoBeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:55 pm   Permalink

Just for kicks and giggles I did a search for Caipirinhas and found this thread hiding waaaayyyyyy at the bottom. Does this threads age mean that no one likes them, or that no one 'says' they like them? Have they fallen from grace?

Anyone care to join me for a couple?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 4:00 pm   Permalink

I *love* Caipirinhas. There's a little tapas place not far from us, called Cascal, that makes very tasty ones (they also have an above average rum selection, which of course isn't saying much -- I think they have about 3 or 5 non-Bacardi/Malibu/Myers/Captain Spicypants-or-whatever-the-hell-it's-called rums). They have a variant with lots of fresh orange and lime pieces added that's quite yummy.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:56 pm   Permalink

I like 'em. We had Tikiskips bottle of Pitu out a couple of months ago, but everyone aside from myself agreed that it tasted like paint thinner and declined to drink any of it. So caipirinhas were off the menu. Eh, it was late anyway.

Oh well, I'll just keep the cachaca and the Campari to myself.

(They hated Campari too. Poor, innocent, delicious Campari. What did it ever do to earn such disdain?)

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-06-02 8:37 pm   Permalink

All hail Campari.

And I will be calling my distributors to get a bottle of Captain Spicypants first thing in the morning.

Isn't that your name for Hanford? Because that's what I call him.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Senor Pedro

Posted: 2006-06-03 3:51 pm   Permalink

Hi guys,

Im amazed that so few people have heard of, let alone tried a Caipirinha!

I started bartending over here in London 12 years ago, and it was the first cocktail I learnt to make, and is just behind the Mojito as customers favourite drinks.

Theres a cachaca brand thats about to launch over there, called Sagatiba.

I heard they were doing something in Miami.

Their website is
www.sagatiba.com

Any time anyone is over from the U.S, make sure you come and visit us at South London Pacific. First Caipirinha on me

Senor P

View Profile of Senor Pedro Send a personal message to Senor Pedro  Email Senor Pedro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 4:42 pm   Permalink

Had my first Caipirinha in Boulder last year at a restaurant called Rhumba. I drank 3 of them at 7 bucks a pop, then stopped at a liquor store on the way back to my hotel and bought a bottle of Cachaša to take home with me.

Last March, I visited a friend in Barcelona. There was a little Brazilian bar just down the street from his apartemento run by a grizzled old barkeep who made the most kickass Caipirinhas I've ever tasted. The secret ingredient was a dash of Angostura bitters.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:33 pm   Permalink

Count me as another lover of Cachaša and Caipirinhas! I have a few Brazilian friends who introduced me to this wonderful drink (which is probably one of the easiest to make, and hardest to screw up). It's absolutely one of my top 3 favorites!

Unfortunately it's not all that cheap here, costing about $22 for a 1 liter bottle of Ypioca. Evidently there are some "new" brands breaking into the US markest, such as Leblon. But it's REALLY expensive at $34 a bottle. Sorry, but when I know that excellent (not pitu) cachaša can be had for $3 a bottle in Brazil, it makes it a bit hard to pay those prices.

Anyway, I've been waiting for it to explode here in the States, but it hasn't quite yet. I think it has the potential to be the "next big thing", but what do I know?

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 2:14 pm   Permalink

There is a show on Fine Living network that showcases a different countrys liquors each week they had a show on Cachaca recently keep an eye out for it they repeat a lot.

http://www.fineliving.com/fine/thirsty_traveler/episode/0,1663,FINE_10176_27916,00.html

You might have to copy and paste address into browser.

Dean

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Perlow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-06 4:36 pm   Permalink

If you live in the NY area, a really good Cachaca that came onto the market recently is Fazenda Mae de Ouro. Its small production stuff, not like the Pitu or Barriero or Toucano stuff that is industrially made. Makes a killer Caipirinha, it does.

http://www.caipirinha.us/

View Profile of Jason Perlow Send a personal message to Jason Perlow  Email Jason Perlow Goto the website of Jason Perlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Xndr du Sauvage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-15 07:48 am   Permalink

Noticed a good article on cachaca a couple of weeks ago:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120190755620436659.html

(Here's the Caipirinha recipe included)

CAIPIRINHA
1/2 lime, quartered
2 tsp sugar
2 oz cachaša
crushed ice
Ľ Muddle sugar and lime wedges in the bottom of a sturdy, short, flat-bottomed glass. But don't crush too vigorously, or the lime-peel will release overly bitter oils. Add cachaša and crushed ice, and stir.

I then noticed all the different brands of cachaca available at a local liquor store. I had no idea!

View Profile of Xndr du Sauvage Send a personal message to Xndr du Sauvage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

I then noticed all the different brands of cachaca available at a local liquor store. I had no idea!

Cachaša is the third best-selling spirit in the world. (1. Vodka 2. Sujo 3. Cachaša 4. Rum)

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 12:04 pm   Permalink

Cachaša is the third best-selling spirit in the world. (1. Vodka 2. Sujo 3. Cachaša 4. Rum)

Really? I love the stuff myself and we just featured three drinks with it in our restaurants for our Carnaval '08 promotion. We're using Cachaca 61.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation