FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Discotheque Exotique ( Lets see yer exotica vinyl! )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Discotheque Exotique ( Lets see yer exotica vinyl! )
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 11:39 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, kind sir.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 2:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-19 16:32, mriddle wrote:
a memento for those of you who are avid collectors of long gone Tiki watering holes!

Not THAT long gone, at least the building! Was it Poly Pop who posted photos of the A-frame when it was to be torn down? Somebody dig up that thread. There were the nice details of the saw cut moais and such.

Great backcover. I have a souvenir menu (B&W/postcard size) with that photo of the girl leaning against the sign in the lower left of the album, but the posts from the sign are cut off at the edges of the paper! Good to see it full size, you will recognize the same Rosenkrantz Tikis in the photo and the matchbook in the BOT. I have seen only ONE post card from it so far, and it is not very good, but shows an interesting stage painting. I bet Sabu has one of those...can you post it, oh jungle boy?

Quote:
The LP appears to be produced by the RT itself.

...I think I remember now, the MC was kown as "Hawaiian Abe"

Quote:

Featuring a very slow version of "Quiet Village"

Great! This is "VERY Quiet Village", or better yet "Sleepy Village", only in the middle it becomes "Slowly Awakening Village".

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 4:09 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know the year that Webley Edwars' "EXOTIC INSTRUMENTALS" was released? I cant' find a year on the record jacket or label anywhere!!

DigiTIKI

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 12:23 am   Permalink

Last weekend's finds while out of town

(back view)

from the new york establishment..

I thought this was cool.. Michener fan that I am.. (outside cover)

(inner sleeve)

and these were two I rescued from the freebie bin, they are without their albums, but are fun for their covers..

[ This Message was edited by: Velvet Ruby on 2004-08-04 00:24 ]

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-06 9:06 pm   Permalink

According to the liner notes: "Here's A Full Album Of The New Exotic Sounds"

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 9:36 pm   Permalink

Velvet Ruby,
That Johnny Coco record is a favorite of mine. Love that King Kamehameha Bossa Nova.

Lopaka

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 04:06 am   Permalink

cool s*it, maynard!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 01:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-07 21:36, Selector Lopaka wrote:
Velvet Ruby,
That Johnny Coco record is a favorite of mine. Love that King Kamehameha Bossa Nova.

Lopaka

It's great! I have to confess I've only been listening to the first side so far, I'm hooked on their version of Adventures in Paradise... I'll have to go giver a flip

beatgirlart.com

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 11:48 am   Permalink

Here's a few more:

Hawaiiana
(Does anyone know the nationality of The Kontiki's? I have a feeling they may be German!

My Martin Denny stuff.

Assorted Exotica/weird vinyl.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 9:21 pm   Permalink

Here are several of the the favorites from my collection....

These first two feature bathing beauties, drinking that most exotic drink -- beer (and the first one uses it down to wash down an exotic white bread sandwich)

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kong-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-28 11:06 am   Permalink

A lot of beautiful albums here. I am on the look-out for hi-res scans of Exotica covers. There are some really good galleries on the net,like Tiki-Tim's and Vegas Vic's.
Any other I should now about?

View Profile of Kong-Tiki Send a personal message to Kong-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation