[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Artifacts from KonTiki, Cleveland
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Artifacts from KonTiki, Cleveland
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 05:30 am   Permalink

Hello ,Tikijunkman, was that an offer to buy ,trade or adopt?

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 09:35 am   Permalink

What gives...no photo's or prices???

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

pics comong soon,(hopefully sat. 4-10-04 afternoon)as for prices don't know the value . hopeing to get some help with that here,but.......

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:29 pm   Permalink

hey Tiki David

In response to your message: Hello ,Tikijunkman, was that an offer to buy ,trade or adopt?

Most likely adopt or trade. I have been reading your posts lately on this new find of yours. I think you are looking for a specific price that your items are worth but that is really hard to do. To most people in the general population, tiki stuff is not a sought after commodity (from my experience). To most people on this board, it is highly prized... not in the sense of money but in the sense of preservation, sharing, and documenting. I just don't think that you are going to find a post giving you a price for your items. I would really love to see some pics and want to give you a big congrats on your find!

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 6:19 pm   Permalink

i am happy to say that the pics are now on at the "repro WITCO bar post

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 7:16 pm   Permalink

Could this be the outrigger, hanging in this picture?

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 05:01 am   Permalink

if that is KON-TIKI cleveland then yes it is

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 3:29 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking selling the outrigger canoe,any body interested? TD

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 4:50 pm   Permalink

what do you want for it?

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 05:47 am   Permalink

you are a carver just south of me? in columbus?well i might be up for some kind of trade. TD

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 06:42 am   Permalink

The canoes and large items like that are very hard to sell. They are simply too large for most to use. A bar could use it, but not much else. For the authentic stuff, an occasional museum will buy, but, that's also rare.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 3:21 pm   Permalink

trade? I dig trades. lets talk.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-25 12:12 pm   Permalink

Yea I gotta agree with the statement "Large tiki items are tough to sell", I've also been told that "there is no established value on large Tiki items as there are on mugs".
I've had some offers on my stuff from here in PA, However as it is not from a large national chain its really hard to get any sort of provances, or proof that they are from where I say they are. I have hunted antique stores, flea markets and talked to other peoples folks that have been in the area.
Unfortunatly it seems that most smaller/local tiki/polynesian resturaunts that are gone are just that gone, lost from collective memory (look into the red light)
We recently threw a baby shower for a close freind and her husband and were told about the "Hu Ke Lua" somewhere near pittsburgh, I have a highball glass from there and thats it, no info other than that someone had been there a long time ago.
As far as the Connely Inn where I got my large tikis I have no pics or memorys from anyone to back it up.
Good luch with yer find its awsome!
Jay from Pittsburgh

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-25 2:45 pm   Permalink

i also have two of the hu ke lau highballs (red and yellow with palm trees on them?)i got them at a flea market in west virginia , ive been wondering about this too.

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-25 6:55 pm   Permalink

well, i am very ,very, sure that this stuff is the long lost artifacts of KON TIKI cleveland TD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation