FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SF Tiki Crawl Night Two: Trader Vic's/Conga Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
SF Tiki Crawl Night Two: Trader Vic's/Conga Lounge
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-05 08:12 am   Permalink

And what a night it was. The room looked fantastic with all the top notch craftmanship on display. Drinks were great as always, and the Rangoon was fried just right. Thanks to all the performers who added the right touch to the night: The smooth sounds of Frank Novicki, the classic hi-jinks of King Kuku and Crazy Al (who left two terrified teenage girls in their wake) and of course, the incomparable Pop Ylop. Then over to the Conga for a great raffle, delicious lomi lomi, and a little limbo.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Let's see some pictures! In fact, I know for certain that there is video of Pop Ylop's performance....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 08:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-05 08:12, martiki wrote:
In fact, I know for certain that there is video of Pop Ylop's performance....

aah shit.... I was afraid of that....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-05 08:44 am   Permalink

I just want to say that I had a great time both Thursday and Friday nights for the Tiki Crawl. Wish I could have joined you all on the bus Saturday too, next year.

For a newbie on Tiki Central and for the crawl I want to say it was very nice to meet such a great group of people.

I'll have pictures of Friday & Saturday night available later today/tonight.

I am assuming next year, I won't be able to purchase raffle tickets though

Thanks to everyone who took the time to organize this event and again for a great time.

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:30 pm   Permalink

One picture says it all...almost

I'll post more later.
We had a great time. Big mahalos to Martiki & Rebecca and everyone who came so far to make it a great night.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:34 pm   Permalink

allrightie then, i suppose i shall start posting the incriminating evidence. heheheh....

mig, what a tremendous pleasure it was to try on your butt glasses. you are a very classy fella, and i really enjoyed meeting you. still weirded out about how close you live to my old stomping grounds...

bigbadtikidaddy and the drunken hat were greeted by gramps (you dirty dirty man!) outside the conga lounge. gramps had a firm hold of the night. ladies (and men?) beware!

jungletrader, me, the drunken hat, and bigbadtikidaddy squeezed into the packed conga lounge.

the one and only ungabunga! this man is stud! what an honor to finally meet him.

and yes! other than kanaloa and myself, someone else DID win a raffle prize! yea for tikimaxton and his mug!

it was a great night for all and it was splendid meeting so many people on the board. thank you all for being so open and friendly to new people. i did feel rather stalker like in recognizing many people from the board, so sorry if i scared a few.

[ This Message was edited by: tikicleen on 2004-04-05 12:39 ]

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:36 pm   Permalink

you forgot a slash cleen

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 1:34 pm   Permalink

Here's a link to get you started until I have time to pull out a few choice photos. Captions will come later.

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/sfcrawl_2004/day_2/

Hardest working (wo)man in Exotica, emotional scarring of children, backup chimps, spell Novicki, tiki booblace, stir the box, butt glasses raffle, sexy grumpy bartender.

p.s. -- Video of the elusive, enigmatic Pop Ylop to come....

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-04-05 13:36 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 3:13 pm   Permalink

Ladies and gentlemen, here (s)he is, that most exotic of blooms, Pop Ylop!

FYI -- I can't get this file to work on my computer, but mig reports it works for him.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 4:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-05 15:13, Humuhumu wrote:
FYI -- I can't get this file to work on my computer, but mig reports it works for him.

It plays fine on my computer, but it's, uhh... sideways??
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-05 4:25 pm   Permalink

This night was boring!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-05 16:19, Doctor Z wrote:
It plays fine on my computer, but it's, uhh... sideways??

Pop Ylop had that written into her rider! She refused to be filmed right side up. I also had to present a gift of individually hand picked corn kernels for her pet "jungle fowl" (which looked suspiciously like a chicken), and I had to massage her left pinkie. I don't know what that was about.

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 6:10 pm   Permalink

Your pics are great Humuhuma !!
A big Tiki thanks to Mig, Martin and all the organizers for a great time...and for including our humble Conga Lounge on the tour.
It was awesome having you all there and putting a face to a name. I know the Conga can get a little crowded at events like these. I hope the abundance of music and drinks made up for the lack of floor space.
Looking forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 6:49 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to TikiTony and the Adrift.com crew for hanging around and selling me tiki-stuff out of the back of the truck (The Rapa Nui is framed and proudly hanging in my bedroom) and also to UngaBunga -excellent tiki shirt -as I was the last straggler to arrive at Trader Vic's, and what a glorious tiki mecca it is.

The Conga Lounge, congas make great party toys - I have a photo of two beautiful wahinees (whose names I don't recall) with conga.

WHAT AN EASTER ISLAND MURAL!!! The bar, however, should be renamed after its most striking feature.

Thanks to all those who stayed & closed the place: King Kukulele, Steve, Chongolio, Otto, and all other friends (memory gets cloudy at the end of the evening).

King - Love the Room 135 song.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freakie Tiki s

Posted: 2004-04-05 8:07 pm   Permalink

Night 2 was way out there. It crushed me. No probelem with extra sleep so could hang w/ the face suckers/ lunch loosers/ smiling faces and exotic drinks. Nothing like a NAVY GROG

View Profile of Freakie Tiki s Send a personal message to Freakie Tiki s      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 9:17 pm   Permalink

Mike, the Conga Lounge was a great addition this year -- it was packed, but hey, it was a party, whaddya expect! What was surprising, however, was that as crowded as it was, the waitstaff was still quite prompt and courteous -- impressive, in the face of a mob like ours!

Here's some pics from that night:

Trader Vics:

One section of the vendor tables

The two poor girls who King tortured, and their lovely savior from the audience, who led them in a hula. I overheard one of the girls in the restroom saying "Oh my god, I am so never going to talk ever again"

I got to sit next to Pop Ylop!

Pop Ylop goes Maori

Pop Ylop takes the stage

Pop Ylop becomes a blur of enticing and enchanting movement, like a Mystery Girl, only more mysterious, and more girly

There was SWOONING! SWOONING I tell you!

These next few pics were taken by Floratina; you can tell because they're well lit, clear, and nicely composed:

jungletrader & Polynesian Pop

Trader Pup, King Kukulele, and Mrs. Pineapple

Frank Novicki & Hanford Lemoore

Naomi, aquarj & bigbadtikidaddy

Okay, now we're back to my cruddy pics again:

The King and I

Me & the delicious Tina Tina Floratina

Conga Lounge:

The Mob (well, part of it)

TikiMama chats with the elusive Mrs. TikiMaxton

The compulsory bowl shot -- Tiki Monkey still clings to his primary drink

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation