FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SF Tiki Crawl Night Two: Trader Vic's/Conga Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
SF Tiki Crawl Night Two: Trader Vic's/Conga Lounge
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-06 09:02 am   Permalink

Well since I really didn't know anyone this year, didn't want to get in "your face" and have you wonder, who the hell this guy is. So I took general crowd shots of the group.

You can find pictures from Trader Vic's and the Conga Lounge at:

http://www.underpressuredivers.com/ngallery/default.aspx

Next year, I'll hopefully be in your face

Enjoy and download full size pictures and/or add captions if you'd like.

FYI: Pictures average 3 MB and sorry haven't had time to crop and/or fix pics so you get them as I shot them.

[ This Message was edited by: kanaloa on 2004-04-07 00:21 ]

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 09:31 am   Permalink

What else can be said but mahalo nui loa to everyone involved in making this night unforgetable. A special thanks to Martiki and his crew, Trader Vic's and to all the vendors and entertainers. Also, a big thanks to my girl Chongolia for all her help at the booth.
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated the postive input on the shirts and my artwork. It was pleasure meeting each and everyone of you. Sorry I missed the Conga Lounge, but I had a great time at Vic's getting to know Tikitony and the Adrift posse along with Christiki295.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gramps

Posted: 2004-04-07 12:48 am   Permalink

Tikicleen,

That was actually my drunken alter ego you met Friday night. Those were the ramblings of a man kidnapped by friends at 10 am and forced to drink for the next 14 hours straight . . . or was it my idea to hit the bar for an early liquid lunch? Oh well I hadn't seen those guys in a year and we had a lot of catching up to do.

That picture is quite telling of my condition by the time we actually hooked up with the rest of the group. Not a pretty sight. But obviously in what ever condition I was in I was at least able to recognize true beauty in its rarest form.

Gramps

View Profile of Gramps Send a personal message to Gramps  Email Gramps Goto the website of Gramps     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-07 03:12 am   Permalink

Mahalo for a great night at Trader Vic,s first time in the Captain's Cabin for me. Kathy and Judy and I had a great time chatting with the KING. I think I'm suppose to send him some CDS,I think? Met Martiki and Chongolio, that framed print of the crawl will look cool in the bar. Thanks again to everyone who put this unique experience together.
Tikiboy

View Profile of tikiboy Send a personal message to tikiboy  Email tikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 1:03 pm   Permalink

Had this great plan to wait for my pics from the Conga Lounge to post. Heh heh. nothing turned out. Serves me right for going film instead of digital... Now my post is eons after the crawl and nobody cares anymore. Anyway, if anyone has pics of the decor, please post or email me, I think there might be some good inspirations for a painting in that place (likewise if anyone has decor-type pics from the tonga room) The owner of the Conga Lounge, Michael, said he and his brother pooled their collections of tiki-related stuff when they opened the place and just started putting it up all over the walls. Turned out pretty great I think.

Anyway, a very cool bar and well worth the trip.

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 2:02 pm   Permalink

Hey there Travellin' Tiki -- I got lots of pics, more of the Tonga Room than the Conga Lounge, but maybe there will be something there you can work with. The pics aren't great, taking photos in these places requires a certain finesse (and a tripod) I just don't have yet.

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/sfcrawl_2004/

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gramps

Posted: 2004-05-14 11:24 am   Permalink

Ok so I am a little slow to get things posted. Here is the latest set of pictures from the SF Crawl 2004. Sorry I wasn't around much for this Crawl, but I had to set priorities between seeing friends and following the crowd. Obviously Friday night I started drinking with friends way earlier than the rest of you.

http://mcsheehy.com/Tiki_Bar_Crawl_II.htm

Gramps

-Pae mai la ka wa'a i ka 'aina
"The canoe has come ashore." Hunger is satisfied; desire fulfilled.

View Profile of Gramps Send a personal message to Gramps  Email Gramps Goto the website of Gramps     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation