FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving BenZart is not carving2 or 3 days.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
BenZart is not carving2 or 3 days.
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 8:47 pm   Permalink

Due to a major physical issue that came along yesterday I may not be able to
carve for another day or 2 It just depends on when it goes away.I have surgery this friday and that will slow me down a week or 4
I am unable to carve beginning yesterday for a few days. I get these attacks that last a few days or so where I can do nothing physical.After which I'll be fine for awhile, Surgery on friday will slow me down a bit but I will be working on Hale Tiki and others on the list also.day by day.
Ben

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-05 20:51 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 9:14 pm   Permalink

Ben

i feel you dog...listen...day by day is right...lay the hell back...close your eyes...and imagine that you are looking into the hands of a great healer...save your strength...when you get back up and on your feet you'll be more powerful than you can possibly imagine...my thoughts are with you man...just remember you have human limits and that your body will let you know what is right for the time...

quick recovery my man! you ARE the best...took my tiki to work today and wowed them there...DYING to walk into the tiki ti with your lights on!

sincerely
Miles

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Miles

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 10:01 pm   Permalink

I.m sending healing vibes your way, Ben. Use what you need and get well.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-05 10:06 pm   Permalink

Ben-
here's to a timely recovery. You've been doing a lot of great work recently, and I guess it's just your bodys way of saying "take it easy" for a while.
Like Kooche said, I'm sure you'll be on your feet and back at your carving station in no time.
I can't wait to get my carving in the mail and be the coolest kid on the block! (I've been a good boy and saving my pennies!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 10:14 pm   Permalink

Ben, Please take it easy, and I will certainly be praying for your recovery. Thanks also for all of the conscientious hard work you've been doing too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 10:44 pm   Permalink

Hang in there Benzart,
Take your time and you will surely have a full recovery.
Because you know, I'm next on your list.
I"M JUST KIDDING!
Have a speedy recovery Ben!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 10:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys, I appreciate your healing words,and thoughts.
Thanks, Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 11:18 pm   Permalink

From one Ben to another.

You are a Picasso brush. A Picasso brush that is missing a few bristles. Relax and take the time to get those few bristles back. When the Picasso brush is full of bristles, it will create to the fullest!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 07:13 am   Permalink

Not only missing a few bristles but whats left is going grey by the hands full. Seems to be coming out that fast too. Thanks Ben and every body else.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 7:14 pm   Permalink

Was able to carve a bit today and finished up a Sneeky Tiki for Cultjam started abouta week ago Tomorrow I have surgery so will be out for at least a week

Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 9:36 pm   Permalink

This strikes me as a very interesting piece considering you enter into surgery tomorrow. There's a lot of feeling coming from this simplicity. The figure looks as if it's "wincing" and maybe clutching something small. A comfort piece perhaps?
Just a beholder comment. Good luck and hope to meet you sometime.
Aloha.
Mrs. Boo

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 07:20 am   Permalink

Thanks Mrs Boo. This piece was taken from the Sneaky Tiki on page 180 of BOT and there was not much to go by.
I'm sure we wil meet at this years HukiLau.Myself and Mrs BenZart will be there.

The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 11:08 am   Permalink

hey ben, it's aaron from ft lauderdale. i spoke to you last month about how one should start carving. i just wanted to wish you well, and hope you feel better. you are a really great guy, and i look forward to meeting you at this year's hukilau. take it easy.
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 11:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Aaron and everyone.
I'm home and all went pretty well. Dr. says to do Nothing for 5 weeks this time, he Doesn't want to have to re-do this a 3rd time.( Sounds like a wife!) I should be back carving sooner than that.
Thanks

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation