FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Gecko's Exotica Mug Available Soon!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Gecko's Exotica Mug Available Soon!
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-09 01:12 am   Permalink

Love it! #31 (red ink) is sitting in my studio with his new friends.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

The beautiful #22 was a-waitin' for me when I returned from Oasis! (Man, the weekend just won't stop!!)
Holden & Gecko - you've really outdone yourselves this time!
What's the deal with the red writing??
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-10 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-10 12:18, Doctor Z wrote:

What's the deal with the red writing??

It means you're one of the cool people.
Mugs 1 thru 35 are signed in red ink.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-10 1:35 pm   Permalink

Gecko-- Any chance of getting the "Spotted Gecko" recipe from the folks at La Mariana? In your honor, I think THAT would be the drink to break this bad boy in with!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 11:02 am   Permalink

whew, i was the last one to get the red #35!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 3:42 pm   Permalink

I got my Exotica mug and a day later my mug from Hale Tiki finally arrived. I also got my Tiki decanters from Tiki Farm this week and found an ass load of tiki stuff at Dept. stores. It's Tiki Christmas!! The low point was when I, against my better judgement, used some of the tiki mai tai mix to make the castaway cocktail, following the shoenfeld's instructions....UGHHHHHH. I've oft heard some tiki centralite talk about modern tiki drinks being served as a syrupy sickly sweet mess and Yup that describes the shoenfeld's drink but they added some good toxic chemical flavor as well!! Anyway'z great mug Gecko! great job Tiki Farm!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 12:48 am   Permalink

tanks fo all da BEAUTIFUL PICS everyone!

Doctor Z, howzit my friend? Da spotted gecko in da Exotica mug would be suicide brah! NO SHT! it's more like a double shot.

Email braddah Al (Al&Shelly) because he has came here to da islands so many times and was able to slip da secret drink from da bar tender. Honestly, I don't know everything in it? Da Filipino bar tender(braddah Jesse) made it up and we just named it.

Doctor Z, you're one of da hardcore collectors here and a perfect example of it is of you getting a "red ink" mug. Why red ink? because if da hardcore collectors get up early and miss sleep because you want to get up beat the other guy to da punch, well then you deserve something special. That's why I came up with da red ink thing.
I got tired of getting up at 5 am to hit the swap meets and miss something from someone who just got there and had 2 more hours of sleep than me....Freddy! HO! I get pissed at that because I'm a hard core collector!!
anyways, it's just a simple mahalo to da braddahz and wahinez dat get up early to stand and wait in line while da sleepy heads dream about tiki's. I will carry this tradition on for as long as I'm making limited edition mugs.

by da way Tiki Bird, you lucky dog!

Here's da original "Exotica" by da way. I'm glad some of da ohana here could share something special like having a ceramic replica of Mr. Martin Denny's gecko tiki.

aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 3:08 pm   Permalink

I've received my mug! #12 has arrived. After an address change on the shipping side failed, I went to UPS and had them change it. After 2 failed delivery attempts at home, anxiety, of course, set in a little.

Having just opened him, I thought I'd let everyone know that one of Gecko's fabulous mugs has made it safe and sound to Canada!
And what a beauty he is.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 07:51 am   Permalink

gecko, i made the last bit of dave and anna's mai tais (from honolulu restaurant in virginia) in your mug last nite. what an excellent capacity - it fit a double recipe perfectly! what a great mug!!!

mahaloz,

j$

p.s. the perforated base provides a great fingerhold to prevent mug condenation slippage - excellent industrial design...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-05-14 09:42 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-15 08:38 am   Permalink

My #116 arrived while I was in Hawaii. WHAT A ROUGH LIFE! Buy mugs in Hawaii, then come home to my new Gecko "Exotica" mug. I can't wait to enjoy my "Denny Tai" in it.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 4:58 pm   Permalink

I'm surprised none of these have shown up on Ebay yet...not from TC members but from the same people who snatch up Shag mugs and sell them for profit.

Should we start a Gecko Exotica Mug registry like what was done for the Shecky's?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-17 16:58, Juno wrote:

Should we start a Gecko Exotica Mug registry like what was done for the Shecky's?

How about a registry with pics of everyone drinking a toast to Denny & Gecko with our new mugs? Just a thought.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 6:35 pm   Permalink

Ok, Gecko...since you like seeing pics of your mugs in their new destinations, I snapped one for you. The Hale Tiki and Trader Dick's Tiki on the right have been very naughty and have to stand in the corner. The ill-behaved Hale Tiki was a belated birthday gift from a friend of mine. Exotica tries to keep harmony among them all. What you can't see from the photo is the way the light shines down and illuminates the Exotica Mug tag--didn't even plan it that way--but it looks kind of cool. Thanks again!

P.S. On the top shelf, below the Rousseau-like kiddle art is a leopard covered bottle opener and shot glass from the 1960's that says: "For the man who has everything".

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 8:37 pm   Permalink

Cool!

I use the same cabinet for my booze!(only it's silver)

I like how you have your duplicates reversed so you can see their backsides, I've never seen that done before!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 07:30 am   Permalink

My gecko mug arrived today... but the UPS fella would not relenquish it until I paid FORTY DOLLARS in duty!!!!

Ouch!

Well, with the exchange rate, shipping and duty, I am now the proud owner of a hundred dollar tiki mug, making it a record for the most I have ever paid for a mug!

Ah well. It is gorgeous anyway.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation