FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Mai Kai Pole Photos?
Mai Kai Pole Photos?
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 11:07 pm   Permalink

I saw a photo of the poles in the famous Mai Kai recently... I have two cuts of very straight pine that I would like to use on each side of the doorway to my tiki room and would like to carve them similar to the poles in the Mai Kai. Does anyone have a front view detail picture of the poles? I would greatly appreciate if you could help!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-04-08 23:08 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 10:20 am   Permalink

wich poles do you mean? the ones by the gardens?(those were the o/a poles) i have video of the entire place, some pics, ill check with the wife. i can copy the video for you. jimmy.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 11:02 am   Permalink

Hey lake, i live in ft lauderdale. next time i go to the mai kai, i don't mind taking pics for you. the only thing is i don't have a digital camera, so i would have to mail them to you. do you mean the posts in the dining area, to the side of the stage?

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 10:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the response... yes, I think they are the ones inside in the dining area... someone had recently posted pictures on the main discussion forum and you can see the poles in that picture a little. I was just looking for a bit more detail and a frontal view.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-04-09 22:52 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 3:15 pm   Permalink

Lake, look through the Hukilau pics form last year and you should find some pics. Go to http://www.thehukilau.com/2003/2003_pictures.htm

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link Swanky!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation