FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki oasis IV ticket confirmation?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
tiki oasis IV ticket confirmation?
Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Has anyone gotten a confirmation that they have purchased tickets? I have not received tickets in the mail, or an e-mail. My check did clear, though. Should I be expecting tickets?

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 5:45 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikinews.com/tikioasis/booking.html
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 08:44 am   Permalink

Hey, got the same problem! What's the deal?

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 08:46 am   Permalink

Wait...does this mean that we get nothing in the mail, and just check in at the event? What about a comfirmation? I would hate to drive all the way out there, and find out my name is not on the list!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 09:03 am   Permalink

We received our confirmation via e-mail on March 29th (we sent our check in January) Otto said he was catching up on paperwork and that our names were "on the list".

I don't think anything is coming via snail mail.

This is a huge event to plan. Lots of work. Just drop him an e-mail and ask if you're on the list. I'm sure it's fine.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-14 07:29 am   Permalink

Pick up the phone
Dial the Hotel
Ask the pretty man or women to confirm
If you are at the Tropics, you should get your bands when you check in.
All other people E-mail Otto at 12:00 this Saturday to see if we can clog his system.
Just kidding. Maybe try one at a time single file, Please keep your hands to yourself.
Line up right behind Bong, now everyone in the pool.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-14 08:21 am   Permalink

Can anyone give me Otto's phone number? I have emailed several times to his email, as listed on the Tiki Oasis website, and each time, I get a "message undeliverable" result. The problem is that we are not staying at the tropics, but at another hotel nearby, so calling them for a confirmation would be for what reason?
All I need to know is if our names are on the list, and we never got an email confirmation from Otto..and the check has cleared a long time ago.

Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-14 10:09 pm   Permalink

Otto's phone #...I think that might be a negative.
Mick, Mick, Mick....aren't you with the band, man?? Dude, it's not a Stones Concert...we'll get you in if we have to hoist you over the fence. Or, in a worse case scenario (or maybe not), you can stand still and play the part of the stolen tiki by the spa.
OASIS!!!!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-14 22:09, Mrs. B wrote:
Mick, Mick, Mick....aren't you with the band, man?? Dude, it's not a Stones Concert...we'll get you in if we have to hoist you over the fence. Or, in a worse case scenario (or maybe not), you can stand still and play the part of the stolen tiki by the spa.
OASIS!!!!

Well, it's not for me that I am worried..I will have a guitar in my hands..they will know me...it's my wahine and our babysitter (that's who we sent a check in for) that I am worried about. Like I said, we got no email confirmation that he had received our check....and I am not into taking chances..I would hate to drive up there, and have them say "you and your girlfriend are on the list, but this third person you have with you is not, and now we are totally sold out and at capacity"

Especially after the check cleared already!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-15 08:40, tiki mick wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-04-14 22:09, Mrs. B wrote:
OASIS!!!!

Well, it's not for me that I am worried..I will have a guitar in my hands..they will know me...it's my wahine and our babysitter (that's who we sent a check in for) that I am worried about. Like I said, we got no email confirmation that he had received our check....and I am not into taking chances..I would hate to drive up there, and have them say "you and your girlfriend are on the list, but this third person you have with you is not, and now we are totally sold out and at capacity"

Especially after the check cleared already!

Have'em carry your amp & be your "Roadies" & "Backup Singers."

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 12:50 pm   Permalink

Maybe Otto is having computer problems considering the virus some people have been receiving from him and Baby Doe recently.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 12:56 pm   Permalink

Hi V-girl, that's what the Baxdog was telling me!

I am just worried...we don't have a lot of money, and we had to rent a fairly expensive room....we have a guest, and her child.... Not having ever been to Tiki Oasis before, I don't know how strict they are...I can't be worrying about getting my family in, when I should be concentrating on playing the bass with my band,.... and getting really, really f%$#@cked up off lapu lapu's and mai-tais..

as you can see, I have my priorities right!!

Anyway, I hope Otto is reading this! Perhaps he can use a friend's computer, and put up a post about ticket confirmation, or answer this one!

vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 1:15 pm   Permalink

Mick, maybe you can start a new thread with a title like "Attn: Otto, Having Trouble with Ticket Confirmation. Help!" Or something along those lines. Maybe he or someone he personally knows will see it and tell him about it. In the past, he's been pretty good about answering my questions via email.

(Although I do agree with Mrs. B, that I doubt he wouldn't let someone in to the event that belongs to a band he booked there. I do understand your concern though. As a backup, maybe keep a copy of the check that cleared as proof of payment.)

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 6:36 pm   Permalink

Or perhaps Kilikopela will read this and rename the thread as Vintagegirl suggested.

I am wondering about how many tickets there are available for a 2-bed, 4 person room. At the Tiki News page, it says that there are 2 complimentary tickets per room. Last year we got 4 because it was a suite (and we were paying the suite price, whoa)

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-04-15 18:38 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 10:06 pm   Permalink

Mix 4 mai tai's, drink em' real fast and RELAX PEOPLE!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation