[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Happy 93rd Birthday to Martin Denny
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Happy 93rd Birthday to Martin Denny
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 5:09 pm   Permalink

For us exotica fans, our hero is celebrating his 93rd Birthday today and I just wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to Mr. Martin Denny!

I feel honored that I was invited to his private party! I will be going there in a few hours. but befor I get ready to go I just wanted to share with my freinds here his Birthday gift that I droped by his house a few days ago.....yes he loved it by da way!

It is a black velvet painting of the young Mr. Denny. To da right of him he has da tiki from page 205 in da B.O.T with the approval of braddah Sven. As you see on da bottom left of the velvet is my copywrite logo stamped right below the artist's name.

That is because this is the new "Gecko'z South Seas" Artist Mr. Leo Layug. We finaly agreed to terms and are now working together
to create beautiful art on velvet like this one you see today.

Well Happy Birthday Mr. Denny!!!!

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 5:14 pm   Permalink

Eh, Happy birthday to my Friend Fil Slash and to braddah Sven's son who just had birthdays. Eh big bro I thought Mr. D's birthday was as same as your sons but it's actually today.

Aloha to da both of you and to all my freinds beyond da reef!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-10 5:18 pm   Permalink

Gecko-
that is an absolutely beautiful gift! (before I saw the CU of your signature, I thought it was a picture!) Great stuff.

I'll play his records and raise a Mai-Tai for Mr. Denny this evening in honor of his special day! Have fun tonight, you lucky guy!

Mahalo for the pix!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 5:34 pm   Permalink

good idea Polynesiac. I will raise a glass to him at 4 p.m Honolulu time and if you got a drink in your hand please join me and lets raise it to da high preist of exotica and listen to his beautiful tunes!

Okole Maluna at 4pm Honolulu!

we are 3 hours behind California.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 5:54 pm   Permalink

hey Gecko. Happy Birthday Martin.
So we raise a glass at 7 in Cali to be synchronized.
Great stuff Gecko and the best to you in your biz.
You have a 2 ft. redwood Bosko Moai comin' in June. It's all I could get with the light weight.

Cheers

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 7:43 pm   Permalink

Eastcoast checking in, I'm raising my drink (I doubt it'll be a mai tai since I'm at work) at 10:00pm to join you all. Here's to the High Priest of Exotica, I've enjoyed your music so much. Thank you!

PS eh, Gecko dat pic is cherry brah!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 8:03 pm   Permalink

It's about an hour to ten east coast time, so I'll join in the toast... Mr. Denny is indeed a living legend.
Also, that is one ono painting Gecko. Quite an ambitious subject and very well done.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 8:36 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Martin, we're sippin' a mai-tai & listening to your music as I write. Mahalo for all the great music that (throughout the years) and presently inspire us to love & appreciate the culture we embrace so dearly.

Aloha nui loa,
Terry & Sally

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 8:39 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Martin!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 9:37 pm   Permalink

that's awesome! the first thing i did this morning was listen to denny's golden great on vinyl while drinking my morning kona coffee - i didn't even know it was his birthday!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 9:38 pm   Permalink

that's awesome! the first thing i did this morning was listen to denny's golden great on vinyl while drinking my morning kona coffee - i didn't even know it was his birthday!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki chris on 2004-04-10 21:38 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:14 am   Permalink

Hey Gecko,
Man, you did a great job on that painting... schweeet!
Alohaz!!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:23 am   Permalink

Beautiful Pic!
Were fortunate to know and love Martin Denny.
We are also lucky to have Gecko on TC.
The best to both of you.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:29 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Mr Denny! and thanks a million to you both. Aloha!

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 02:06 am   Permalink

Mahalo'z to all who joined the toast!
I wish I could have brought you guys along with. Thank's for the kind words to!

I'm glad you liked da velvet. You braddahs are da bes! I'm lucky to run into a bunch of awesome collectors.

JT, thanks for da Bosko Moai. I'm trying to have a tiki from all of the talented artist here on TC and off. Anyways, I'll see ya wen you get to paradise brah.

mahaloz!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation