FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:20 am   Permalink

Okay Tiki Friends...Don't make any plans for July 10th. The place will be the Bahooka Restaurant in Rosemead California. Time? 7:30-11:00pm.

The show will feature the Art and merchandise of pinstriper and Tiki artist Von Franco. Tiki Farm will be on hand with select products including a special new release. Bamboo Ben will have some of his amazing pieces available, Doug Nason with a Tiki Slide Show, and Crazy AL will be there too, with a special custom piece for the show.
Admission?....of course not. Just lots of fun, tiki, booze, art, merchandise, friendship, and good times.

More information will be released over the next few weeks, including glimpses of the custom pieces designed for the show, the official Press Release from "J.R. McNasty Productions", pictures of the flyer, etc.

Hope to see all of you there!!!!

Erich Troudt

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2004-04-13 01:35 ]

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:57 am   Permalink

Cripes!
that's cool.
Yowsers hot digiti.
Yup I'm in,

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 10:11 am   Permalink

Its marked on my calender.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 02:26 am   Permalink

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 12:39 am   Permalink

Here is a copy of the official press release that is going out to all the magazines and newspapers.........

Von Franco & Friends Tiki Show

J.R. McNasty Productions presents, “The Von Franco & Friends Tiki Show”, Saturday, July 10th, 2004. The event will be held at the Bahooka Restaurant in Rosemead, California from 7:30pm-11:00pm.

The show will feature Tiki art by Von Franco, carvings by Crazy AL, bamboo creations by Bamboo Ben, and mugs from Tiki Farm. Each artist will be debuting new art and merchandise, including one-of-a-kind pieces, custom items celebrating the event and a special limited edition collaboration from all four artists. Bahooka signature drinks will be available in the events collectable Tiki Farm mug, and just added… a Tiki slide show presentation by Doug Nason.

The Bahooka is one of the few remaining “tiki” restaurants and is the perfect setting for this showcase of artists. No admission charge for the show. Call 626-285-1241 for dinner reservations (reservations highly recommended). Parking is free but limited space is available.

All hail the Tiki!!!!

About the artists:

Von Franco-- Von Franco got started with the influence of Von Dutch and Big Daddy Roth, but took it to a whole other level. He is considered a master of the pinstriping community, an amazing airbrush artist and a pioneer of the Kustom Kulture scene. While living in Hawaii in the early 70’s, he studied the art of Tiki’s and the surf movement, an influence that is obvious in his Tiki paintings and products of today. Both Von Franco and his work have been seen in movies, television, books and countless magazines.

Crazy AL-- A native of the South West, Sculptor Crazy AL Evans got his tiki influence from a variety of sources. Kachina dolls, “Trader Vic’s” in downtown Scottsdale, trips to Hawaii, his father’s Hawaiian shirts, and a Hawaii 5-0 habit all played a large part of his childhood. In 1990, during his education at Art Center Pasadena, AL started carving tiki necklaces for the ‘OC’ surf band “The Swinging Tikis”. The band dubbed him “Crazy AL” for his on-stage and on-bar antics. In 1992, AL established his company “Crazy AL’s Bone Productions” which brings you all of his “Manic Whittling” recreated in affordable resin casts. Since 1997, his very unique and intricately carved large tikis have spread from Hawaii to New York City. Crazy AL also carves tikis live on-stage with his tropical themed band “APE!”

Bamboo Ben-- Bamboo Ben is one of the leading artists of tropical decor and bamboo work in Southern California today. His work echoes the passions of his Grandfather, Eli Hedley, who is known as the "original Beachcomber." Over the past decade, Bamboo Ben has been spotlighted in many print and film media including a feature article in Orange Coast Magazine. He has also generated an impressive clientele. From tiki bars for MGM Studios (Windtalkers' Production) to tropical pleasures for Hollywood producers, rockers, corporate heads to the largest coffee tycoon known to date; Bamboo Ben is always original. No art piece is alike. Located in Huntington Beach, Bamboo Ben creates in his studio weekly. The store door, operated by Mrs. Bamboo, opens to the public on Saturday and Sunday and displays Bamboo Ben's creations ranging from tiki bars to king size beds.

Tiki Farm-- In the Fall of 2000, Holden Westland, took up a lease on a 1,400 square foot industrial building. With about a dozen products in his line-up, he created “Tiki Farm, Inc”, San Clemente CA’s based tiki mug manufacturer. Tiki Farm is now in over 3,000 stores worldwide, has over 100 designs, and resides in a new 5,000+ square foot facility. Tiki Farm has dedicated itself to making the finest tiki mugs available to the public, showcasing new artists, and making future collectables. Honoring traditions of the past, Tiki Farm has created several replicas of historical mugs, all done with the same level of quality and attention to detail as the originals. Tiki Farm mugs can be found in restaurants, theme parks, nightclubs and are in many surf shops as well.

For more information contact J.R. McNasty Productions at:
jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 07:34 am   Permalink

Quote:
...J.R. McNasty Productions presents...

Is that Filthy McNasty's kid?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 09:51 am   Permalink

For sure!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 10:27 am   Permalink

I'm there! Literally, I'm there...right now...waiting...hiding behind a fishtank.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

Not to sound like a total dolt that isn't in the know, but is this an anual show? I went to a tiki show at Bahooka 5 or more years ago and had the best time. In fact, just the other day, I was wondering why they didn't do it anymore. Perhaps, I just hadn't heard about it until now. Oh well.... I'll be there!

Tiki Brad-

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 12:58 pm   Permalink

As of right now, it's not an annual show, but that is the plan. J.R. McNasty Productions said if all goes well they want to have one every year.

The last one was 6 six ago...can you believe that? Time flies huh.

I remember going and how much fun it was. Thats why I have been trying to get the word out about this one.... and because my bro-in-law Franco is involved I have to push it too, (I want him on my good side so he won't notice I've been stealing cool stuff out of his Tiki room).

It should be a fun event

Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-14 2:26 pm   Permalink

Dang.....six years ago! Time does fly. Yeah, it was a good time. I remember Shag had one of his originals there that I spent some time drooling over. Well count me in. Tikis + cocktails + Bahooka = good times!

Tiki Brad-

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 02:27 am   Permalink

For those planning on having dinner the night of the show should call and make reservations now. The Bahooka management said the reservations are filling up very quickly.

The phone number for the Bahooka is 626-285-1241.

I have seen some of the cool pieces that will be available at the show (being von franco bro-in-law has its advantages)

Mark this show on your calendars. Its gonna be a blast.

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 8:10 pm   Permalink

Any possibilty that us geographically challenged can somehow get in on this glorious event?

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 01:29 am   Permalink

Wow...I never thought of that. I will pass this along to the promoter of the show and see what he says.

Theres gotta be a way to include the TC family members outside Ca.

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 08:42 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:32 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation