FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 03:41 am   Permalink

Now...for all you out of towners. I didn't forget you guys. I pulled back several of the limited edition numbered prints. They are $10 + $4.00 for shipping. First come first serve.
Jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

Also, we will be taking t-shirt orders until Friday July 16th. M, L, XL are $13.00. 2XL are $16.00. That price includes the shipping to the continental US. Get your order in before Friday.
Jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

Thanks Everyone.

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 08:35 am   Permalink

It was AMAZINGLY packed, the most crowded I've ever seen Bahooka get...so dense with people within that it was impossible to move, and total chaos generally...and there were lots of people moving about in the parking lot as well. A fine socializing event! Good to see everyone there, y'all!

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-11 1:08 pm   Permalink

It *was* packed - Bahooka said they underestimated the power of tiki, and they would love to see it happen again We had a great time, wandering from room to room, returning to our community table to nosh and then diving back into the fray.

Thanks so much to the folks who put it all together!

Picture 1 - too many appetizers, a couple of flaming Planter's Punch bowls, plus our friend Bill - it was his first visit to Bahooka, but definitely not his last... In Picture 2: that's me (Karen) on the right, my honey Tim on the left, and of course von Franco in the middle.

[ This Message was edited by: lawebchick on 2004-07-11 20:21 ]

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 1:46 pm   Permalink

Love the picture, so who is all in it?
Cool thanks for the update, I love your hubby's shirt by the way.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-11 23:06 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 2:01 pm   Permalink

Last night after the room had finally cleared, we did a final sweep of the room. I found the Certificate of Authenticity for the #45 Chalice set. If anyone here lost it, contact me at jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 6:42 pm   Permalink

great event... lots of new faces in the tiki scene and thrilling to finally see Bahooka packed to the gils... pun intended

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 9:48 pm   Permalink

Thank you Erich for selecting such an appropriate site and orchestrating this artist collaboration. I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed seeing my tiki peeps as well as mixing it up with the greaser crowd. Lots of cool cars and more pompadors than you could shake a stick at.

Thanks Again

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 10:39 pm   Permalink

great turn out folks!!! good times!!

Thanks for all the support...... just fantastic

here's the as of today newly-weds (Jash&Helen) with their Crazy AL Tiki#70 "Keeper of the Ring: Fairman Tiki"

and the man of the hour that helped get this thing off the ground

I lit up ol' #70 for the die hards at the end of the night... it would have been a bad scene if some yelled "Fire!" earlier...........

THANKS AGAIN!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-11 22:40 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 02:33 am   Permalink

Another classic Al!
Great job.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-12 08:55 am   Permalink

Great pictures Al. I'm surprised that one I took of you and Von Franco even came out. It's tough to look through a camera's view finder with any certainty after a couple Head Shrinkers and a Zombie. Yeah the place was packed beyond all expectations. We actually got lucky with a parking space right down the street. We saw some people trekking from several blocks down! My reservations were at 8:00, and we finally got seated at 9:30. No worries, though. We met a lot of great people, and had a wonderful time. My personal highlight of the evening was watching King Kukulele throw his uke at unsuspecting passersby in the parking lot. He never did get anyone to drop their drinks. Gut busting fun! Kudos to Eric, the artists, and the Bahooka for such a swell event. Hope everyone else had as much fun as we did.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Brad on 2004-07-12 08:56 ]

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dime29

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:44 am   Permalink

did anybody get a photo of the "mystery machine" that was in the parking lot outside?

View Profile of dime29 Send a personal message to dime29  Email dime29 Goto the website of dime29     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:22 am   Permalink

Hey what would it take to get a 8x10 copy of that picture of Al and Von Franco signed by both? That picture rocks! So glad Tiki Brad got it. Great picture Brad for your state of being at the time!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-12 10:23 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:37 am   Permalink

To Our California Ohana,

We can't say enough about the fun time we had this weekend. It was so great to meet so many of you and be able to put names with faces. Each person we met introduced us to at least 2 or 3 others. It was really incredible. Can't remember a time where we have been so welcomed, we'll definitely be making the trip out to Cali more often.

The Bahooka was awesome. We ended up visiting 3 times in the 2 days we were there and they took great care of us. They reserved the perfect table for us, where quite a few us of TC-ers gathered
throughout the night. The drinks and food are exceptional. We highly recommend visting this tiki treasure.

Erich, Von Franco, and the others sponsoring the show were great. We came home with so many cool things. The only problem is we need to figure out where to put it all.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful time. Each person we met made it well worth the long drive and the LA traffic.

vwtikigirl and SeekingTiki

[ This Message was edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-07-12 10:43 ]

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeekingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:41 am   Permalink

Here is a really bad picture of the mystery machine. I think I had a few bahooka bowls in me at the time.

http://www.tikibug.com/L/mystery.jpg

View Profile of SeekingTiki Send a personal message to SeekingTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-11 14:01, ErichTroudt wrote:
Last night after the room had finally cleared, we did a final sweep of the room. I found the Certificate of Authenticity for the #45 Chalice set. If anyone here lost it, contact me at jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

Erich

Hey Modmana, is that your Certificate? Had a great time at the Bahooka, Will definitley hit you up for a shirt Erich.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation