FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:47 am   Permalink

The owner of #45 contacted me and its in the mail.

But....we found another. Von Franco picked it up off the floor during the show.

It's number #34.

And...Bamboo Ben found #32 on one of his bars.

Email
jrmcnastyproductions@yahoo.com

Erich

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2004-07-12 16:52 ]

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 12:17 pm   Permalink

BAHOOKA WAS A BALAST! Many mahalos to all involved in creating that magical evening. What a treat to see Bahooka filled with crazy tikiphiles. I'll pull out some pics to post in a bit, but here's the whole mess of them to keep you busy:

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/von_franco_at_bahooka/

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:01 pm   Permalink

I would just like to mention that I thought Bamboo Bens bars were absolutley amazing. The style of each bar was to kool for words. He is one heck of an artist and craftsman. He deserves props for those kick ass bars.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-13 13:01, net-tiki wrote:
I would just like to mention that I thought Bamboo Bens bars were absolutley amazing. The style of each bar was to kool for words. He is one heck of an artist and craftsman. He deserves props for those kick ass bars.

I second that, i especially liked the Tiki Farm broken mug bar, who was the lucky TCer to buy that? The Aquarium Bar was also very cool. Great work Ben!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 2:26 pm   Permalink

Another vote here for the broken-tiki-mug bar by Ben. All the bars were really great, but this one was my favorite.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 08:01 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photos Humu
Now I can remember what it looks like when I used to drink.
An asprin please!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 12:27 pm   Permalink

Here are a few pics, courtesy of Tony Huntimer.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 3:58 pm   Permalink

Just to let everyone know.....Those of you who order and paid for T-shirts at the Bahooka that night, orders are being shipped out as I speak. This includes people TC people who ordered them and sent your money.

So watch your mail boxes.

Those of you who ordered and have not sent your money yet, the t-shirts are ready and waiting for payment.

Thanks

Erich

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 10:51 pm   Permalink

Here are my incredibly bad photos from that night. Almost all of these were taken in the parking lot.

Our host for the evening, Erich (who was *definitely* wearing the swankest shirt)

The man of the hour, Von Franco, with Futura Girl

Von Franco & me

chikitiki/Tiki Diablo

Naomi from 8-ball

Lizzie (C'Al's better half) & Stephanie (Tiki Diablo's better half)

I loved this woman's hair

Wersmo Derinc & smogbreather

Von Franco, Futura Girl & smogbreather

King Kukulele & me

It looks like I'm biting King's neck, but I think I'd remember that. I hope I'd remember that. Anyway, it looks like I have been biting. I have not been biting.

Dolphin Tiki & Doctor Z

Mrs. Bamboo Ben & me

Doctor Z & vwtikigirl

The lovely vwtikigirl & SeekingTiki

vwtikigirl & SeekingTiki--he can't be very effective seeking with his eyes closed like that

TikiBird & UtopianDreem

Brad & me

So there you go! Unfortunately, my camera didn't come out until late in the evening, so I missed getting photos of most of the people who were there. It's probably just as well, it was really too crowded to be taking pictures. It was a wonderful, wonderful time. Mahalo again!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 10:12 am   Permalink

Humuhumu - thanks for posting the pics. Bahooka was a great time and it was so cool to finally meet you in person after seeing so many pictures.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:01 pm   Permalink

Erich, just wondering when to start looking for the print and the shirt? Let me know when you can thanks.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 01:25 am   Permalink

I'm surprised you haven't gotten it yet. It left here on 7/22.

Let me know if you don't get it soon.

Erich

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 05:53 am   Permalink

Will do Erich thanks, kind of why I wanted to ask, the postal system being what it is, they might be to busy with figuring how much to raise a stamp again to actually worry about doing the mail.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mister Monster

Posted: 2004-07-31 1:40 pm   Permalink

Hi,
I currently run an international publication called 1313 Magazine "The Phantom Monster Show" that's dediacted to horror, tiki and kustom kulture.

Regardless, Holded at Tiki Farm just did a review of Von Franco's Bahooka Night
for our upcoming 3rd issue. I was wondering if any of you might be interested in giving us a few of your photo's from
the event? I would get them from Franco himself but he's currently out of town.

If your interested please send me a 200 dpi photo. I'll give you credit and a free copy. We just started by a Tiki section
in the issue which includes an article by Tiki Farm and special interview with Franco.

Thank you,

Mister Monster

View Profile of Mister Monster Send a personal message to Mister Monster  Email Mister Monster Goto the website of Mister Monster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation