FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Where are all the carvers hiding,NO Carvings Posted
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Where are all the carvers hiding,NO Carvings Posted
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 8:21 pm   Permalink

Whats the deal, there do not seem to be too many postings of new carving work recently. I know Hale Tiki took up a lot of resources and I am limitedbeing tied up by wires and electrodes.There have been shows and weekends and Partys,and more parties(I know one is spelled rite)We have had discussions thet werent too productive, but Guys, lets get it together. we need stuff and More stuff, Sharpen the chizels and open a new box of bandaids and puit the metal to the petal and lets see those chips fly....comonnnn...

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-11 20:22 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Polynesiac and coolMcDougal you are excused since you just posted.( good work by the way)
Anyone I'm missing???
suburbanpagan counts with his nice candles and pendants and tikis, Goog work suburbanpagan.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-11 20:55 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 8:30 pm   Permalink

If I had a chainsaw... I'd chainsaw in da morning... I'd chiansaw in de evening... all over this llllaaaaannnd!

Sorry. Got nothin'.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:12 pm   Permalink

Been shaving bark off of 40 four foot logs... they have to dry...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:24 pm   Permalink

Oh I've been busy, just not posting pics, but for you Ben, here is a lil som teeng

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:41 pm   Permalink

Chiki! Cool Boat Dude! Can you build a bigger one that will get You, C'Al, Me and Holden over to Catalina? We're talking the So Cal version of the Kon Tiki!!!

Ooops. I forgot. It's got to have a crows nest for King CooKoo!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 05:11 am   Permalink

Looks pretty Nice. Lots of detail on the bow post. The Rev is right only build it a little bigger yet and swing by SoFlo and pick up the crew here on the way.
See there, Somebody's workin'

tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 11:05 am   Permalink

I've been busy.....not sure about everyone else. See NEW pics under "Tikis by Gary". Maybe this will explain it alot better.......

G.

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 11:14 am   Permalink

Tikifreak, I guess you are excused. But now with the wedding coming up, you need to work twice as hard, twice as fast and twice as much. Gotta keep the new bride happy.

tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-12 12:06 pm   Permalink

Benz, you are right, but the bride is my daughter. Been there done that myself already.....Think I'll just continue to enjoy being a single man for a while myself thank you very much. May 1st it is (the wedding that is)......One more festival between now and then. Need more money.......

G.

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Benz, We are still in the trenches with chisels gripped tight.

Here is a lamp that I finished up last month:

Tikidiablo, cool canoe. Is it watertight?

Electricty is your friend!
Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-16 18:00 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 01:14 am   Permalink

My frame work has been slow as of late but I just finished a new one. This is a double post so my apologies to those who have seen it already.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 09:12 am   Permalink

Chongolio, Nice lamp, I see you have been busy. Monkeyman, your frames are eally awesome. I'd love to watch you carve sometime. In fact it would be great to watch All the TC Carvers at work. It's so interesting to see the different tools and techniques used.
Since my camera is broken I'm trying to use the scanner for Pictures and it is not great.
Here is the last one I finished.Its # 22 and about 3" by 1" Mahogany

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-17 09:13 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 11:42 am   Permalink

Ben,

Youve been told before but your work is truly stellar. Many of us enjoy carving and can manage simple designs but you can REALLY bring all the dimension out of your work.

You are the one who I would want to watch while working.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 11:50 am   Permalink

Ben " The Master" Davis, I have a question for you. Exactly wher did you have that tiki placed when the pic was taken? Cheeks? hahaha ha

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation