FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Where are all the carvers hiding,NO Carvings Posted
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Where are all the carvers hiding,NO Carvings Posted
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 2:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys.
I know it looks strange. The tiki was on the scanner glass with a Black cloth over it (black?)yes.
I have to play with it to get it right.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doctiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-19 8:01 pm   Permalink

Benzart, I dont carve with a colt 45 long. But I do use knives. Just got a set, and learing to sharpen them. Try my hand at carving , using cut offs from my new fence. will post them as soon as I can get the prints done.

[ This Message was edited by: doctiki on 2004-04-19 20:04 ]

View Profile of doctiki Send a personal message to doctiki  Email doctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

Doc, take care with the fence wood which is filled with chemicals to preserve the wood. they can be deadly. Usingknives is not bad if you keep your hands clean, Sanding is another matter. You Must wear a heavy duty Dust Mask.
Got pix yet, c'mon it's been 20 minutes already....

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doctiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-20 6:35 pm   Permalink

First ,the wood is 2# dug. fir not treated ,or pressure treated lumber. I work in house framing, but thanks for the warning ,we all need to practice safe craving. As for the pic.,I have to learn how to scan them in ( have to have my kid show me how).

[ This Message was edited by: doctiki on 2004-04-24 16:27 ]

View Profile of doctiki Send a personal message to doctiki  Email doctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 12:23 am   Permalink

Sorry Benzo! I been so busy with so many new projects I hardly have any time fo carving. But I did start on a mask fo Formikahini. Just needs a protective coat and da hanging bracket on back and it's done.

It's pretty big dat wun. I hope she don't have plywood walls!

Eh braddah Benzart, I got your bad ass Maori charm.....AUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEE! Love it! cannot wait fo put'em on da uddah string....my big puka shell! Mahaloz brah! I'll wear it with pride!

SHAKA Ben!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-22 12:43 am   Permalink

Gecko...that one is beautiful!!!

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 07:05 am   Permalink

Yo Gecko,
Nice to see some work from you. That is a Mighty fine mask. Missin your work.
Glad you received your Maori and that you like it.
More carvings..More Pix..

Doctor says I can start back carving in 3 weeks if I start slow. I didn't tell him I was Already carvin a little bit and doin it slow. I have just been finishin up stuff I started earlier. I don't want him to have to re-do this again,,no way.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-22 21:08 ]

doctiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-24 4:10 pm   Permalink

Benzart, here is my picture of my frist carvings. Left to right 1st 3rd 2nd, with a 12 by 8 framing sq.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-24 4:43 pm   Permalink

Way to go Doc, not bad for your first. Don't lose this pic and take more. One day you will want to look back at these pictures.The more you carve, the better you get.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation