FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Announcing the First Annual Zombie Taste-Off at Tiki Oasis IV!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Announcing the First Annual Zombie Taste-Off at Tiki Oasis IV!
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-22 12:27 pm   Permalink

Martiki,

Alright, alright, I'll except your offer to pay me a large sum to be the Director of Tasting. I will donate my (what's left of) unused brain cells to the project as taste tester.

(all mix teams please be advised that I do except all monetary bribes as well as sexual favors (unless I'm busy with Baxdog))

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 5:39 pm   Permalink

Martiki, looks like this is being set in motion.

I'll bring the 3 oz. tasting cups; and the 6' table and box for ballots. I can make up voting/scoring ballots as soon as it is decided what's best.

As far as a site for the event, I'll have to talk to JRTiki about volunteering our room. I don't know if I have an upper or lower room yet, I think a lower room would best suit the event.

Atomic, as I'm not dead set on a recipe yet-let's talk!

On another note -- the drink crawl to the room soons like fun too -- could be another thread.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 10:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

CheekyGirl wrote:
Atomic, as I'm not dead set on a recipe yet-let's talk!

Feel free to use it as I will not be:

1. Standing
2. Sitting
3. Coherent

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-22 10:15, martiki wrote:
One hour, leave no mess behind. Anyone?

Uh-huh... I hour ......
leave no mess ..... Uh-huh....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-23 2:56 pm   Permalink

Pop Ylop is such a bitch.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 5:22 pm   Permalink

Another "social" group we belong to had a best drink contest at a fundraiser. They charged $2 to anyone who wanted to be a "judge". The judge was given a token (or raffle ticket) to be placed in the ballot box of the drink they liked best. At the end, the tokens were counted and the participant with the most tokens won.
It may be easier to count tokens than to do math to come up with an average.
Just my two coconuts worth.

I even have lots of raffle tickets I'd be willing to donate.

[ This Message was edited by: OnaTiki on 2004-04-23 17:22 ]

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 4:32 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone!

I haven't really kept up on this thread but I mentioned it to Otto this morning and he didn't know about it so I thought I would read all about it.

First of all I think this Zombie Mix-Off is a fun idea and these kinds of guerrilla events is what makes Tiki Oasis such a blast of a weekender!

I wanted to point out that one thing Otto created this year is special 'Guest Bartenders' in the Reef Bar for Saturday afternoon/night. Just another way to encourage people to stop by the Reef bar and support the Caliente tropics. This year the Purple Orchid is also playing a role in making sure the bar is a success and we are proud to have them on our team!

Soooo I have not noticed WHEN people were thinking about having the Zombie Drink Contest?? I wanted to throw out an idea .....why not have this drink contest on Friday night after 10pm? Of course this would have to take place in a room as no outside alcohol can be brought into the Reef or the Tropics Swimming area. The cool thing about doing it on Friday is that:
The winner could be a guest bartender on Saturday night! They could serve the winning recipe for one hour! Awww the glamour! The fame! The tips!

Of course Otto would have to ok all of this -but it is a fun idea!

I confess I didn't read all the e-mails in detail so I am not sure where you are all at with this but this is just a great way to give a reward to EVERYONE who attends the Oasis and will help the Reef out as well!

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 6:52 pm   Permalink

Martiki, Okay, looks like everything has been set in motion. As a recap, looks like we have 5 teams. I once again, tip my hat to you--great idea! This is my recap of this thread:

Teams: 1) Martiki 2) Dr. Z 3) Cheeky Girl 4) PiPhiRo 5) Tiki Hula

Drinks: 3 oz. samples

Scoring: No judges, everyone judges. Scoring drinks given points of 1-5, drink with highest average wins.

Location: I offer my room as the taste test location--as soon as I know what room I've been assigned, I'll let everyone know.

I will bring a 6' folding table; cups, and score sheets. I'll bring a large garbage bag for the trash too.

Drinks/Mixing: This is something I suggest. Pre-making drinks in large pitcher (we are using one of those "sun tea" containers) enough for 20-25 samples. If we need more, we can make them as we go. I'll have an ice chest handy to keep containers cool--for any other teams that want to pre-make drinks. In fact, I whole-heartedly suggest we do so.

Drink Distribution: I suggest giving everyone that wants to join in the taste test a plate with all 5 samples (I have plates I can bring too) In that way, everyone can sip and score at their leisure. We can simply refererence the cups with a black marker.

Money: I'm confused as to what was decided?

Time: Martiki, pick a time and we will be there. I'll have the table set up at least 1/2 prior for the teams.

As far as Baby Doe suggestions, I'm for whatever everyone thinks is best. I'll go along with whatever is decided.

Go Team Cheeky!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-27 08:02 am   Permalink

OK. Sounds good, Cheeky.

Location: Cheeky, thanks for offering your room. Call the reservations people at Caliente and try to get a preassigned room number in advance. We'll need to see it posted here by Tuesday the 4th.

Drink Distribution: Plates are OK, but it might just be easier to get one at a time. Do we need plain crackers and water between drinks, or is that just absurd?

Money: Each team should have a tip jar out. Let's keep it simple. Guests should bring singles! Lots of singles! Or fives.

Time: Well, I've been looking at the schedule and trying not to interfere with anything. I like Doe's suggestion of late Friday, but I'd push it a little later so that people can see the costume contest. Let's call it 11:00 PM on Friday.

Doe, that's a neat idea about the bartending slot, but this contest is about the drink, not the mixologist. I don't want this event to be about who is the better mixer. It's just a recipe contest.

Thanks everyone!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 7:12 pm   Permalink

Martiki, called Caliente Tropics & they were nice enough to give me my assigned room number!

FIRST ANNUAL ZOMBIE TASTE-OFF - OASIS IV.

DATE : FRIDAY, MAY 7th
TIME : 11:00 P.M.
PLACE: ROOM 141

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl on 2004-04-27 19:35 ]

babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 7:39 pm   Permalink

Would the 'winners' be interested in posting the winning recipe? Or will it be a secret?

Might be fun to post a photo of the group with the best recipe in the Reef bar. Or if it is not about the mixologist maybe post the best recipe?

Anyhoo it might be fun to share with others and get the Tiki Central community to grow even BIGGER!

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-27 10:55 pm   Permalink

Great work CheekyGirl. Thanks.

I think we're just about set here.

Doe: You bet we'll post the recipe! No secret at all!

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-27 08:02, martiki wrote:

Money: Each team should have a tip jar out. Let's keep it simple. Guests should bring singles! Lots of singles! Or fives.

Wait 'til you see my tip jar!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 1:54 pm   Permalink

Ok. I've decided to do the DrinkNation.com recipe- gonna taste test it this weekend....hope I'm still alive Monday

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-29 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-29 13:45, TikiHula wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-04-27 08:02, martiki wrote:

Wait 'til you see my tip jar!

It's not the size of your tip jar that counts, it's how you use it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation