FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Announcing the First Annual Zombie Taste-Off at Tiki Oasis IV!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Announcing the First Annual Zombie Taste-Off at Tiki Oasis IV!
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 8:46 pm   Permalink

Martiki, I'm posting them the drink entries, just so there's no duplication.

1) Team Martiki = Don the Beachcombers's recipe

2) Team Z = Hawaii' Tropics & Rum Drink & Cuisine recipe

3) Team Tiki Hula = Drink Nation

4) Team Cheeky = Old Indiana Recipe (I checked out the recipes and noticed mine is kind of like the Extreme Bartending Recipe & Digital Bartender recipe combined)

5) PiPhiRo -- ???? If you've decided, let us all know!

Go Team Cheeky!

Okay, I couldn't resist..."that's what people with small tip jars say"

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl on 2004-04-29 20:48 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 10:32 am   Permalink

I can't find my copies of Grog Log and Intoxica to sav my life. The Playboy recipe just looks boring. So I'll mix my own. I think it holds up pretty well. I'll bring my bottle of Lairds Applejack along, too.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 11:18 am   Permalink

After consultation with Martiki and an evening of mixin' & samplin' with Johnnie Velour, I have come to the conclusion that the recipe I'd originally chosen is, well, not appropriate for this contest (no offense Al!) It's a mite on the strong side, I'd say: more than 6 oz of alcohol (including Absinthe!) balanced by less than 3 oz. of mixer. It really takes some getting used to the flavor (read: toxicity), and that's not going to go over well in a 3 oz. sample. I tried to tweak it in a couple of ways, but it's just not going to happen.

But have no fear! After aforementioned mix-sample-fest with JV, we've come up with a much more palatable recipe, so Team Z is switching to a slight modification of the one from ThatsTheSpirit.com. See you Friday!

Question: If I remember, the Tropics rooms have refrigerators, but are there ice machines? We're gonna need a lot this weekend...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 11:27 am   Permalink

Cool beans!
Yes, there are ice machines near the stairs, but don't know how much ice they'll have in them when the time comes- but we can make a store run for bags of ice if necessary.

Tonight we're going to taste test the recipe I chose! Hey, this is gonna be fun!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-05-04 11:34 am   Permalink

***** IRON BARTENDER *****

This could work. We have a number of random ingredients such as Hershey syrub, olive oil, powdered mustard, fig paste, and a number of random liquors - rum, rum, rum, and rum.

Then in 5 minutes, all teams MUST concoct 4 tasty before-dinner drinks, during dinner drinks and after-dinner drinks.

(Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 1:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 11:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
(Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?)

Does it smell like bleach???

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 4:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 11:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?

THAT'S NOT ORGEAT!!

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 7:09 pm   Permalink

Ice Ice baby! I'll have my ice chest handy! Martiki, I'm making the score sheets as simple as possible.

Z-After a couple of those drinks, I think people will be Zombies, that sounds like a mighty stiff drink to say the least. Sounds like alcohol with a drop of juice.

See ya'll at the Oasis!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-04 9:00 pm   Permalink

You'd better bring alot of booze!! 3 and 6oz drinks won't even oil my joints. A drunk GiantRobotTiki is a good GiantRobotTiki

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-04 9:02 pm   Permalink

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 11:46 pm   Permalink

Did we ever decide when and where this is taking place? Is it on Friday after the bands?

And "GiantRobotTiki" has the best name ever! Too bad I don't have a costume for Friday or we could have a Tiki Battle-bot.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 12:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-04 23:46, Tiki-bot wrote:
Did we ever decide when and where this is taking place? Is it on Friday after the bands?

Quote:

Sho nuff!!

On 2004-04-27 19:12, CheekyGirl wrote:

FIRST ANNUAL ZOMBIE TASTE-OFF - OASIS IV.

DATE : FRIDAY, MAY 7th
TIME : 11:00 P.M.
PLACE: ROOM 141

Ask for it by name!

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 07:46 am   Permalink

Soooo, can anyone at Oasis be a judge or is it only for TC memebers? Will there be a fee to judge or just the tip jars? Mmmmm - Zombies

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-06 4:22 pm   Permalink

Sorry Tiki-bot, I'll be flying in from an "Ultimate Robot Fighting Championship" (URFC) on Friday night, so I'll be kinda spent by the time I get there. So I'll really need to be included on the judging re: the drinks. GO TEAM CHEEKY GIRL!!!!!

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 11:36 am   Permalink

So who won?

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation