FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving what was your first tiki creation?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
what was your first tiki creation?
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-17 06:57 am   Permalink

Hey Palm, thanks for the idea of bumping this one up.

Okay, creating tikiphiles, show us the first!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:30 am   Permalink

I was lookin for this post but gave up. Thanks why I started the new thread. Butt here is mine. Carved one year ago Oct. 2004

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:48 am   Permalink

this is the first one i ever did.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 10:17 am   Permalink

Three of my first attempts,soon approaching # 100.The one on the left is#1.

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 10:22 am   Permalink

there's some really good first-time works here!

here's my first..

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 4:51 pm   Permalink

Using a router and Dremel rotary tool on a 2X8

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 5:40 pm   Permalink

My first mask, first clubs, and first tiki pole. That mask looks like a painted booger. Clubs...No Comment. Tiki, very fussy poplar log with a tung oil finish. It looked gross, too before I upgraded the finish later..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 6:41 pm   Permalink

all of these are too nice to be 1st tiki creations . Let me show you how its done or not to be done....

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 7:45 pm   Permalink

WOW! Some of those first attempts are pretty nice. I think I may have you all beat with my first "tiki." I did it with a hatchet and bow-saw out of a piece of wood too punky to burn. Took all of 40 minutes to "carve." Actually I was pretty impressed with myself at the time. I really didn't think it would turn out even this "good!"

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 7:57 pm   Permalink

Ahhh, you always remember the first. Here's mine, from 1990.

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-17 9:36 pm   Permalink

WOAH! there are some kick ass first creations here!....thanks for sharing, there are still more artists out there...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 9:48 pm   Permalink

Here's mine... first one finished 8/25/05. Seems weird that its only been 2 1/2 months.

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 10:41 pm   Permalink

my first carving

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-18 09:12 am   Permalink

Funny, like doubravski this piece really isn't that old... design was laid out just before Wilma hit and cut the following week. I guess it's still a "work in progress" since I'm currently trying to work out a background scheme/pattern/motif for the little bugger. I'm pretty happy with the result so far...

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-18 09:51 am   Permalink

No photos, of course - but - when my dad's 25' catamaran (called the "PapeToeTane" - no lie!) was in the back yard of our home in Venice, she had a small wooden Tahitian tiki on the cross-beam bow. When I was 5 or 6 years old - I used to make these little tiki masks out of mud, with white-rocks (blown off from the roof and from our garden) for eyes, nose and mouth. Pretty primitive, but it was probably what started all of this craziness in my life!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation