FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki More Johnny Sens Tiki Mugs & Duncan Tiki Bowls on Ebay.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
More Johnny Sens Tiki Mugs & Duncan Tiki Bowls on Ebay.
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 3:45 pm   Permalink

here's one for Leilani....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2136020894

Now, wouldn't she also like a Luau Hut mug? Perhaps somethig nice for Mom/Dad along the lines of a "Goateeki" or even the quirky classic "Aku Tiki, Nebr."? I know just the seller to fit that bill!

Such a hack I is,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 4:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks. Midnite I am on it!!!

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 12:53 pm   Permalink

Score!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2136020894

Thanks Midnite. Neener Neener to Martiki I paid less than I originally bid.

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 1:47 pm   Permalink

I just put up two more mugs. They can be seen by clicking the link on the first submission.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-06 2:27 pm   Permalink

Neener Neener right back at you- I just got another one from the same dealer for less than that by visiting her store.

-martin

(Yeah, that was petty. But, Mom! He started it!)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-06 2:32 pm   Permalink

Good one!!!!!!!

By the way. Have you given the mug to your Mom and what was her reaction?

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-09 12:45 pm   Permalink

I told her I got it, and she had a good laugh. She used to go with her boyfriend Joey, and the Leilani was considered a pretty nice place at the time. She remembers the tall drinks at the time and that they were very strong. My mother is also a lush, so when she says strong, she means it. Both the Leilani and Luau have great old signs out front, but they're both nasty all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets now. The bar in the Luau is now a storage room.

A little slice of Fresno history.

BTW, the woman that runs the shop has a collection of shriner memorabilia, and one of the pieces is a little ceramic bell shaped like a fez with a shriner logo on the front. One of her friends glued it on top of a black Moai mug and not only does it fit perfectly, it creates possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen. Looks like one of Tiki King's velvet paintings come to life! She was not willing to part with it, sadly.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-12 07:21 am   Permalink

Mugs ending today! Help feed the starving children.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-12 3:41 pm   Permalink

Ooh! Success! Was just in an antique store the other day that had loads of shriner memorabilia. Found a little ceramic fez from an LA Shriner convention in 1950 that fits like a glove (with a slight rakish tilt) on the head of my black moai mug.

Everyone should have one.

-martin

KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 09:38 am   Permalink

Here are some new Mugs and bowls I Just put on Ebay. http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nedyahr&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 4:11 pm   Permalink

OK I wanted to let everybody know that I just got one of the 1962 mugs, and it's a really cool looking mug, really unique. Mine is done in a beautiful green glaze, but the best part is this thing fits in my hand like it was custom-made for it! Great job Kokomo!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 9:02 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to add my kudos to Kokomo as well. I have the '65 bowl / mug and the '67 Easter Island moai, and both are about the coolest damn things on my shelf! Awesome colors on them! Keep up the good work, Kokomo, ...I'm still gunning for the '62 mug!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMikey on 2002-09-19 21:03 ]

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 05:16 am   Permalink

Thanks fellows. I will be designing my own mug as soon as I get the time. You here this Tiki Central, my mugs are awesome!

KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 09:12 am   Permalink

All of you guys that are asking about my mugs, here are some more up for sale! You got to see the red one. It has small black pepper flakes in the glaze. And all of you kids that are wondering, MY GLAZES ARE ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE AND NON_TOXIC!!!!!!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nedyahr&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1gs

rch427
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-24 9:50 pm   Permalink

Martiki wrote:
"My family is from Fresno..."

Hey Martin, it takes a brave man to admit such. I'll chime in and admit that my family is from Madera--the gateway to Fresno--and I went to school in Fresno for 11 years and lived there on my own for about 4 years. Is the Luau still there?

That brings up an anecdote: in Fresno, back in my mod days in the early '80s, I had a good friend named Martin. We used to hang out at this divey club in Clovis that had tiki bar pretensions but was mostly used by rockers and new wavers. Martin moved to SF in '84 and invited me to come room with him until I could find my own place, which I did, in '85. He was an amateur DJ, and used to spin some pretty strange stuff for those times at mod clubs--Mancini, EW&F, whatever struck his fancy. I hear he's doing pretty well now. He calls himself "Doc Martin".

"Fresno: One of the Finest Cities to Move Away From."

View Profile of rch427 Send a personal message to rch427      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation