FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Friday Night Questions about Oasis 4
Friday Night Questions about Oasis 4
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 8:25 pm   Permalink

I was considering participating in the costume contest on Friday night but I am not entirely certain what constitutes a Tiki Tomorrowland dress code? What would I wear in a sweltering desert climate? Sharkskin suit?

Any pics someone could dig up would be helpful. I am loaded with vintage aloha shirts but have no clue about the other stuff.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 10:11 pm   Permalink

Wear sum'thang that George Jetson would wear. Wear sum'thang that would be Spage Age Tiki. Or, go naked and paint yourself with metalic paint! You would probably win! Hey, that's an idea!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 7:19 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, personally, I was in a quandry about this one too. I figured it would be a kind of Barbarella meets Tikis from Outer Space. I'm gonna try and put something together.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 10:02 pm   Permalink

You are all being too literal. Try to think of something more subtle like speaking tersely or altering your alpha-waves .

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-24 4:43 pm   Permalink

GRUFFF......
I will be appearing as myself.
GRUFFF......

Thank you.

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-24 10:11 pm   Permalink

Would love to see someone do a groovy 60's-meets-the-future flight attendant from 2001:

I was considering coming as this:

but it's just too complicated...

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-25 2:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Bot, the guy who owns that exact 2001 monolith, the one in the picture you linked to, lives in the east bay. Maybe he'd let you borrow it. He also owns one of those neat red "Djinn" chairs from the space station scene early in the flick.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation