Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki May 1 Pink Panther Party
May 1 Pink Panther Party
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 03:16 am   Permalink

I am moving out of my Eichler home in May and would like to invite my friends for one last round of cocktails...

THEME: Pink Panther Party: We'll listen to Henry Mancini all night long and anyone who wants to venture into the pool with their clothes on - bring something to change into Tipsy sleepovers are welcome...

MANDATORY Dress Code: Black Tie, Fancy Evening Wear, or an outrageous masquerade costume (suit of armor, zebra, gorilla, etc.)

Date and Time: Saturday, May 1, 2004 9pm to the wee small hours

Non-alcoholic Pink Panther Punch and the many different means to spike it will be provided...

BRING: POT LUCK nibbles, appetizers and sweets (veggie friendly is preferred, thanks!)

If you are musically inclined, bring your instrument and talent along!

-----------
Email me or PM me for the secret invite page as I don't want to post my phone and address on the net

RSVP: NOT Necessary and new friends are welcome if they are willing to dress up and enter into the spirit of the ocassion...

THIS JUST ADDED!!!
Lounge Performer Buddy Worth will be gracing us with a few songs... and get your jollies - bashing the Pink Perro Pinata with fabulous prizes inside!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-05-03 16:05 ]

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 5:16 pm   Permalink

Sounds deluxe! I'm supposed to be in Indio for Coachella that weekend, but I'm considering giving my tix to someone else in favor of staying in town. If I do stay in town, I don't want to miss Fisherman at the Purple Orchid, so I may arrive on the quite-late side. How late will this swank soiree go?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 5:28 pm   Permalink

LATE!!!
as in all night...

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 11:47 pm   Permalink

Are you moving to the Ranchero in Vegas? Buzzed around Lotta Livin'earleir but couldn't find what was up. Man, I wish I could afford to hire you two cause you's werk your arsses off! What ever is up, keep up the good werk!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 12:08 am   Permalink

Well, although I'm in Vegas now, I don't know if that's where I'll end up? Although with TikiPug and InkyLouise moving to Vegas and tonight I just heard about another pal of mine moving here from Seattle in June... I'm tempted to stay awhile at least.

Thanks Ben... One of the things I love 2 do is visualizing home improvement - should have got a contractor's or interior design license, but shucks who wants to go back to school.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-17 11:12 pm   Permalink

FG, I wish you the very best in your future plans. I'm sure that you and CC will knock 'em dead with whatever you do. I sure wish I could attend the May 1 shindig...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 12:00 am   Permalink

Does anyone know anyone who does a decent inspector clouseau impersonation?

Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 10:33 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-04-29 11:23 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-30 2:54 pm   Permalink

A.C. what was that?

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 08:20 am   Permalink

any photos from this swingin' shindig?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 08:51 am   Permalink

The party was a blast! We went until dawn, literally. I didn't arrive until 3 a.m., and I finally went to sleep as the sun was rising, then left at 10 a.m. Futura Girl was the most fabulous hostess, she knows how to throw one seriously swingin' party! Perhaps someone else has pictures from the 9 p.m.- 3 a.m. shift?

Sabu the Coconut Boy:

Gil, Tiki-Ti regular & webmaster:

TikiVixen with a friend of Futura Girl's:

Sabu & Tikibelle:

Me & my date:

Sabu & I:

TikiVixen dances with her boyfriend as TraderPup looks on:

And then things started to get a little out of control, as some of Futura Girl's guests decided they didn't need to be wearing pants, and everyone got in the pool!

Futura Girl with friends:

Tikibelle, TraderPup & TikiVixen chatting in the pool:

Gil takes a swim (tuxedo & all):

This has got to be my favorite picture of TraderPup:

I pulled up my skirt & hopped in, too:

The party continues with TraderPup & Futura Girl dancing to Mancini:

Our hostess takes a little breather from the festivities by relaxing on the floor with some boas & a guest or two:

TraderPup explores his Holly Golightly side:

The serene morning after:

One of the tikis who watched over us:

Thanks for the fantastic time, Futura Girl! Can't wait for the housewarming party in the new place.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 09:12 am   Permalink

*envy*

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 09:39 am   Permalink

I knew I was going to be pissed that I could not make this party.
Humuhumu confirmed it.
Thanks for the pics!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 09:50 am   Permalink

What a great night.....

From Saturday morning, 'til late Sunday night, I only got 1 hour sleep......

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation