FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 5:51 pm   Permalink

The other goodies:

Here is a crazy pic that came into being because of my inability to hear and remember a certain TC members username when we first met at the SF crawl. ( I say loud music, others say rum. )

Here are a few of the names I refered to him as during the crawl:

Tikihat
Tikihead
shrunken head
and drunken head

Although still not the correct name, we all thought it would make for a funny image.
So without further babblin, I give you the Drunken head:

Anybody want to guess the name of the TC member whos name I couldnt seem to get right?

And.......
here is a lamp that I recently finished:

Bamboo, coconut , rope and some very cool looking pieces of sea glass

Lights out.

See more of my stuff on TC here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6861&forum=7

More coming as time permits.

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2009-05-26 13:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: chongolio 2010-02-09 22:07 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 11:07 pm   Permalink

What the heck,
First person Who can tell me the correct user name of that aformentioned TC member gets the artwork.
Cheers,
Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-21 00:17 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 11:20 pm   Permalink

Drunken Hat is my guess....

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-20 11:30 pm   Permalink

damn! You beat me to it! If you're right...CONGRATS, that's a cool piece-o-art!

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 11:30 pm   Permalink

Correct! NIce work and record time, I guess that was to easy. Onatiki, Ifa you like, send me your info and I will get the art out to you.

Second chance deal for the rest of you. Whoever can spell the Drunken Hat's real first name backwards gets a copy.

Hey DH, are you o.k with that? If not...Uh-oh.

Onatiki you go chill out with your bad self, you are already a winner.

Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-21 00:25 ]

OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 12:09 am   Permalink

Finally, we were in the right place at the right time.
The artwork is awesome. We'll PM you with our mailing info.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 12:24 am   Permalink

"ttocs"

Did some quick digging around TC... found it with a picture...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=2253&forum=1&vpost=67459

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-04-21 00:31 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 12:31 am   Permalink

Ma goodness, you fellas are quick this Tuesday. Lakesurfer you got it. Send me your info and I will drop it the mail.
Thanx for playin along on Tiki Central Tuesday.
eek-eek
Chongolio

P.S. Any resemblance to any TC member is strictly coincidental...hiccup

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-21 00:43 ]

Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 07:56 am   Permalink

What about those glowing floats? Apparently you have cracked (no pun intended) the secret of lighting sealed glass; please share! Or are they lit from behind? Anyway they look great.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 08:49 am   Permalink

ACUTALLY..... the drunken head's REAL first name is dean. he goes by his middle name, which is scott.

hence, naed?

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 08:56 am   Permalink

and daaaamn....you guys are quick! i thought i was bad about being on here all the time.

chongo...i LOVE your first lamp. i think i have a lamp obsessive compulsive disorder. tikitony's lamp is fairly lonely.... heehee.

would you consider making a light fixture tiki light....like to replace a dining room light fixture? any ideas for something like this? i hate our 1980's ugly hexagonal light unit, it needs to be put to rest.

[ This Message was edited by: tikicleen 2009-05-07 12:20 ]

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 11:29 am   Permalink

Excellent work as usual Randy.
I can't wait to come over some day to check out your studio.
Let's plan on the Jungle Trader, Tikicleen, Drunken Hat, Unga reunion.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 4:36 pm   Permalink

Kava King, those floats came from good 'ol twowheel'ntiki. He has the skills with the drills. Check out this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=1872&forum=1&start=0

Tikicleen, I guess I should of checked my Drunken Hat facts a bit more carefully. So you can have a copy for setting the facts straight. I will bring to the JungleTrader's Tiki Art Shindig or mail it to ya. Which ever you prefer. I hope the D-Hat digs it.
Regarding lamps. I could be interested in trying my hand at making a ceiling lamp. Let me know what you have in mind.
Takes a look at some of these other lamps created by some of the TC crafters Al makes some great lamps.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=3003&forum=1&vpost=26815

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=7482&forum=7

Quote:

On 2004-04-21 11:29, Unga Bunga wrote:

Let's plan on the Jungle Trader, Tikicleen, Drunken Hat, Unga reunion.

I am not afraid! A Monterey Bay Micro Tiki Crawl why not? Anybody else want to come along?

Bunga you come out this weekend for Uke Fest West?

Chongolio

Come explore www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-22 08:55 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 5:55 pm   Permalink

End of July for a North Beach Mini Crawl?
I'm in baby, I'm so in.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 10:21 pm   Permalink

Chongo, Dude! that is sweeeeeeeeet!! I love it. i've got to have one. you can definatly count tikicleen and myself in on the north beach mini crawl/unga reunion. however jt why is it you picked the only weekend that we are in so-cal this year? what are you doing between now and july!? you don't have one free weekend between now and then? we dig all of the lamps too. thanks for the links. but we are looking for more of a carved tiki chandelier (as much of an oxymoron as that statment is). Chongo we can't wait to see you at minnies on the 22nd of may. unga if you want to come down that weekend to check out the festivities you got a place to crash. besides that would give you the opportunity to drink that rum you let us borrow for the 606 party! ydnar why you got to mess with a man's name!!! HEHHEHEHEH

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation