FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 4:40 pm   Permalink

Well it's been a while since I posted any art, or anything else outside of bilge for that matter, so here is a doodle straight out of my sketch book:

"The Death Bird's Visit" was done with tombo brush pens that it.
I am gonna try to get around to posting some of my finished paintings when I have some time. Mahalo for da peeks.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 5:04 pm   Permalink

yea you got yur inspiration back

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 5:09 pm   Permalink

Sopistatiki- Well... it's coming back but ever so slowly that last doodle has been months in the making.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 09:13 am   Permalink

once the momentum starts,don't deny it!
roll with it brother!
"The Death Bird's Visit"is fun and mysterious!
that sun looks likes it was waaaay fun to draw!
here's something i tried with the TOMBOs
that gives cool results...
seeing as you're inspired
it's time for play!
you can run a water soaked brush along one edge
(especially on some Cold Press -rough)
it will "bleed out" a bit...
You can use that for shadows
or fog-misted jungle backgrounds
or clouds
etc...
After you let it dry
you can go back over the drawing with a proper outline...
make sure it's ALL THE WAY DRY
or you will get "fuzzspots" where the tight outline
will spread and follow the remaining water...
Stay on this inspirational roll,buddy!
It's been waaaaay too long!
and post those paintings!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 10:57 pm   Permalink

Diggin the new work, Chongo! Great to see it!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-29 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-27 17:09, Chongolio wrote:
Sopistatiki- Well... it's coming back but ever so slowly that last doodle has been months in the making.

Well, you certainly haven't lost your touch! Little guy in your doodle looks befuddled!

It's great to see some new work chongo!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:08 am   Permalink

I'd have to get a fresh loincloth if that little sucker landed on my nosebone! You psycho! Nice work Chongo! I BTW.....I still bust out the podcasts while in my zen zone at work!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 12:30 pm   Permalink

Wow thanks guys for the comments. I am really stoked to see you guys haven't forgot about you ol buddy Chongo even after I have been some what scarce over the last few years. I have not forgot about any of you and do miss being more involved with the artist here on T.C. and the whole tiki scene in general. The truth is I have been really busy since my move over to Kauai and my life over here has gone through many changes which has also rearranged my priorities and to be honest I just got lazy. I am still doing my best to stay on a creative tip but really needed to focus more on making a living and settling into my new home. I will always have the tiki vibe and I love life in Hawaii, however the experience has changed the way I now view the island lifestyle. It's a bit hard to explain but living in Hawaii and coming for a few weeks of vacation are two entirely different experiences. Please don't get me wrong I don't regret my move and do not plan on moving back but their has been plenty of bumpy roads and a lot of missing my friends and family. Thanks again for the comments it really does mean a lot to me.

LLT-Thanks for the Tombo tip. Those brush pens have been my weapon of choice lately as they are easy to throw into a back pack along with the sketch pad. I will try out the wet brush technique on my next sit down.

Sam- So good to hear from you braddah! I hope everything in your world is rock solid and you are keeping your creative flame burning bright.

Polynesiac- Glad to hear you liked the little buggah Mahalo for looks. Hows the beachcombing been out there? Lots of neat stuff washing up ont he shore over here but still have not found any glass floats, just lots of plastic floats, driftwood and fishing nets.

Suburbanpagan- A visit by the death bird is never a pleasant experience. I think my loin cloth would need a changing too if I got the call, but I am a big wuss and lose it over the less threatening centipedes and spiders. Glad you are still enjoying the podcasts. Unfortunately, the adventures will probably never return in a podcast format but I have been playing with a new idea to continue the storyline but not sure how it will play out.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 12:36 pm   Permalink

I hear ya, Chongo.....the times we live in have caused some struggle on this end too so my output has suffered but together we will overcome and rise like a (insert tiki equivalent to phoenix) from the ashes! Too dramatic? I look forward to the next incarnation of your world!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 3:03 pm   Permalink

Ok, I had some free moments this morning and got a couple shots of the last painting I finished a few weeks ago. Here is "Robots Don't Belong In The Jungle"

Acrylic paint, paint pens and furniture tacks for the rivets along the side of an 11" x 14" canvas. I may add a few more rivets to each side. As always thanks for taken the time to spock um.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:01 pm   Permalink

Great new painting chongo! - I can hear him scream (in mono, of course) as he charges through the jungle!

Beachcombing has been fair on my side - I usually only find the lobster floats. I think I'd wet myself if I found a glass one. You actually have a chance of finding a glass one - last time I was on the big island I spoke with a serious float collector and he said that he occasionally finds the glass floats on the islands. Keep lookin! You'll find one!

I'm glad that you're making some time for your creativity to shine. You got so many ideas that if you don't let them come out, I'm sure you'd just explode.
please don't explode.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-30 10:21 am   Permalink

Set of 98 Tombow Dual Brush Pens - $149.99 on sale
Art paper - 27 cents/sheet

The look on that dude's face when the Bird of Death lands on his nosebone - PRICELESS!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-30 10:21, MadDogMike wrote:
Set of 98 Tombow Dual Brush Pens - $149.99 on sale
Art paper - 27 cents/sheet

The look on that dude's face when the Bird of Death lands on his nosebone - PRICELESS!!!!

Glad you can dig it brah! Mahalo for lookin' and taking the time to comment

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 08:23 am   Permalink

Robots DO belong in the Jungle
Thanks to you!
dig the tapa on him...
Hope you can get more time to paint this year....
Set those Treasures FREE!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 1:21 pm   Permalink

LLT- I guess some robots will do OK in the jungle. This particular robot was washed ashore after a huge storm. When the locals discovered the metal dude they revered the robot like a God (kinda like C-3P0 and the Ewoks.) When the natives tried to apply the tribe's ritual tatoos to the robots rusty and weakend metallic skin the small holes began to leak oil. The natives believed this to be evil black blood. This freaked the jungle people out and they began to repeatedly beat said robot about the head and shoulders with their clubs. The robot's microprocessors did not think that these actions were logical and went into "get the hell out here mode." The natives aggressively followed their fallen god but kept slipping and falling on the leaking oil. That is why you cant see the natives in pursuit in my painting.

Feel feel free to tell this story to youngsters at bedtime.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation