FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 01:38 am   Permalink

A simple doodle I did the other day while hangin' out at the beach listening to music and absorbing my surroundings:

"Pineapple Planet" Just my Tombo pens in my sketch book and some bananas for breakfast.
Aloha

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Barefoot Bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 05:50 am   Permalink

Nice! I like what the beach inspires you to see.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-26 05:50, Robb Hamel wrote:
Nice! I like what the beach inspires you to see.

the Beach and some other things.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 2:26 pm   Permalink

i think it's lack of contact with jeff BTD and other uninspiring folks
that really get Chongo's art a-pumpin!
Where do they sell tix to this pineapple planet?
love the texture in the waves,Randy!
Go man GO!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

RANDY!

Great to hear from ya bruddah!

Hope all is well and chill on the Garden Isle!

Love the new piece... so full of life and bursting with color!

I'd love to hook into one of those screaming rights and fly right down the line!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 2:00 pm   Permalink

Yes it's been awhile since I have posted anything on TC but don't think I don't love you anymore. I just been keepin myself busy and livin da easy kine life. Here are a bunch of photos of a project I finished up over the weekend. I present to you the Spamboo Diddley Bow and Cocoamp. I also have a video that I posted over on youtube that gives you and idea of what it sounds like.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 2:16 pm   Permalink

Now that is pretty cool. Great concept and it sounds like it would be a
lot of fun.
Sorta reminds me of the "beam" percussion piece used by Mickey Hart....
just a long steel beam with pick-ups at various points. Not that I want to get
into any Mickey Hart conversation here.
At any rate...very cool.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 2:18 pm   Permalink

That's a crazy um... instrument you have there. Kindof a cigar bass, but spam based. Dig the coconut amp!

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 2:24 pm   Permalink

NOW you are truly COCONUT WIRED!
Way to go!
Very cool,Randy!
great brain you got there!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 09:47 am   Permalink

Totally AWESOME!!! The fact that it plugs into a coconut amp makes it even better!

Great work!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 9:48 pm   Permalink

where is the Whammy bar?
and does the amp have reverb?

cool dealeo Chongo.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 06:25 am   Permalink

THAT, is inspirational!!!! Great Job!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:45 am   Permalink

Sounds cool on the youtube link, but how about a vid of you actually playing it!?!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 3:54 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for taking the time to look, listen and comment.

congatiki-Yeah Mickey Hart plays some interesting things and has a very eclectic taste and is a pretty amazing percussionist. But I think you are right about leaving talk of him to other forums.

Badd Tiki- I have some cigar box projects in the works. I am trying to find as much stuff as possible so some of the projects are kinda creeping along slowly

little lost tiki- I did take some of my inspiration from some of my ideas I had when I was doing the Coconut Wired podcast. I can see a whole band of Coconesians playing all kind of crazy bamboo, jetsum and flotsam hybrid instruments.

tobunga- right on Tobunga. It is pretty fun to mix it up with other materials. I know you can dig that.

bigtikidude- Well if you push on the side of the can you can get a sort of whammy bar effect out of it. After a comment from Squid, I am looking into what it takes to make a reverb spring.

The Granite Tiki- There are some really cool builds over at
Cigar Box Nation and all over the web. one of my personal favorites is theUncle Fester Diddley Bow

4WDtiki- The music video is in the works. Stay tuned

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Barefoot Bloggin'

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-11 9:27 pm   Permalink

Chongolio, you ROCK the Diddley Bow! (If, in fact, that was you and not Seasick Steve, Danny Kroha, One String Willie, or Velcro Lewis. I guess I'll have to wait for the music video )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation