FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Are you an Eagle Scout ?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Are you an Eagle Scout ?
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 08:37 am   Permalink

Hello all. I attended a large gathering in my local BSA council this weekend. (I am still a registered scout leader) It got me thinking about how many other TC'ers earned the Eagle rank in scouting. I joined scouting in 1972 and received my Eagle Scout award in April, 1977. I also earned bronze, gold & silver palm awards. My older brother is also an Eagle. This thread is for a roll call of Eagle recipients. It can be for yourself or your son. Also if you have a picture of yourself in uniform as you received your award, that is welcome in this thread also. PLEASE,PLEASE, anyone who is thinking of making some rude or suggestive reply concerning child abuse or molestation in the boy scouts....DON'T reply to this post. The BSA is working hard to educate leaders in Youth Protection training. Speaking for my Unit and District, we take the subject very seriously. Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing a list of fellow Eagle recipients here.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:03 am   Permalink

Does it count if you were working on your final Eagle project (everything else was completed) and then the entire troop disbanded leaving me S.O.L. ?

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:09 am   Permalink

i made it to life scout. i really regret not following through on that one.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:50 am   Permalink

Are there any women here who earned the Girl Scout equivalent of Eagle Scout (I think it's called the Gold Award)?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 4:48 pm   Permalink

I never made it past cub scouts. Football became too much of a distraction.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-19 5:29 pm   Permalink

cynnful..
i quit camp fire girls the first day. they were only doing crafts. i was expecting FIRE. no such luck.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 8:44 pm   Permalink

My big brother is an Eagle Scout so I had to marry one too. Jay got his back in the 80's. He is a cub scout leader here in Chicago because in his own words: "Pinewood Derbies Rock!" Although, I suspect he longs for the day when he can go camping with the boyscouts again and play with fire.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 9:42 pm   Permalink

I am an Eagle Scout. Class of 1987.

Scouting was some of the best memories of my youth. I know what you are all thinking but it wasnt like that at all.

Incredible adventure, ruthless hazing, and lawlesness every time the adults left us alone.

Sort of a lord of the flies type thing.

Oh and I learned a few things too.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:00 pm   Permalink

My brother received his Eagle in 1983.

My 2nd nephew received his Eagle in 2002.

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I am an Eagle Scout. Class of 1987.

Me too! Precisely the same.

I'll never forget the pipe tobacco smell from our scoutmaster Mr. Snow, and when he died a few years ago it was about as sad as I've ever been.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 10:43 pm   Permalink

Eagle Scout here with three silver palms (1983). Still partially involved with the Denver chapter of the National Eagle Scout Organization. I go to about one function a year, usually a career fair and promote the engineering industry to younger kids.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 06:53 am   Permalink

Eagle Scout? Hah! I don't think I ever made it to Wolf in Cub Scouts - I must have gotten hooked up with the wrong troop or something...we never did anything fun like camping or playing with knives and I used to cry everytime I had to put on the uniform and go to another meeting! I do admire those who graduated to Boy Scouts and worked to achieve the rank of Eagle Scout...in fact I'd have to say I'm amazed with the sorry experience I had with scouting!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-20 08:27 am   Permalink

Yeah, fellow Eagle here, class of 1991.

I really enjoyed the scouts and made a few very good friends. Scouting was particularly uncool in my home town, so it was sort of a secret society for us. I didn't particularly care for the military aspect of scouting and the other scouts (and scout masters) felt the same. I know the scouts reputation has gone down hill as of late, but what kept me in was the fact that every troop was different. Had I been in another more regimented and less openminded troop, I probably would have quit. We were the troop every year at camp that would look the most disheveled, but win the most awards. Too much fun.
The best part about scouting were all the camping trips and hiking trips we took. I think I hiked the entire Long Trail in Vermont and camped at most places from Maine to Rhode Island during my scouting years. Good times, good memories.

BTW - did anyone actually earn the "Rabbit Raising" merit badge?

-edit-
sorry, I forgot to mention that my brother also received his in the class of 1987 too.
weird, no?

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-04-20 08:30 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 09:01 am   Permalink

I was an Indian Guide and got looked down by boy scouts with their fancy earth tone uniforms and as for rankings I don't think I'll even make it past Tiki Centralite do they give merit badges for carving?

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki on 2004-04-20 09:03 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 09:49 am   Permalink

I don't remember what rank I finally made, but my Mom was our Den Mother in Cub scouts (meaning I aways got in trouble).

I knew I'd never make Eagle scout as I didn't sell illicit drugs. I do still have my uniform somewhere though. It has a collar unlike those collarless ones nancy-scouts wore.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation