FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Tiki Road Trip In Southern California ?
Tiki Road Trip In Southern California ?
marcoslive
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-19 4:21 pm   Permalink

Hi from Spain,
planning my probably new trip to California but this time I want a "more exotic" travel. I love tiki art and deco and I'd like to know places to visit in Los Angeles area also San Diego to Santa Barbara,.....and Las Vegas.
I know Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills, Bahooka Ribs, Lava Lounge, ...but I'd like to get more directions of really cool sites. Restaurants, pubs, motels, shops.....all you can remind would be ok for me.

Thanks guys

[Edited by hanford to remove the all caps and extra characters]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-04-19 23:10 ]

View Profile of marcoslive Send a personal message to marcoslive  Email marcoslive     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 5:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Welcome!
I may also be doing a tiki road trip from BC Canada, down to southern California this August. HumuHumu(another member of Tiki Central) did quite the trip, you might want to talk with her, and I definitely suggest purchasing "Tiki Road Trip" by James Teitelbaum.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 5:21 pm   Permalink

Hey paisano!

If you are in town, look me up....I lived here all my life...but my family is from Andalusia..I would be glad to show you around a bit!

Tiki Mick.....(AKA Miguel Carlos)

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 5:49 pm   Permalink

Marcoslive, hey welcome to TC. If you bring a lotta spanish tiki mugs with ya' I'll buy you all the drinks you want. And maybe give you a tiki too.
Cool a Spainiard on baord.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 8:24 pm   Permalink

Marcos, Bienvenido! I was wondering what part of Spain you are from. I was just there and had a great time in Barcelona. When you get here I will take you to the Tiki Ti in Los Angeles.

Atente, Daniel "El Tiki Diablo" Gallardo

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 9:39 pm   Permalink

We are happy to host you and your travel companion in San Diego County if you should make it this far South.

Send me a private message when your trip approaches and I would be glad to show you around.

Monkeyman
Vista, CA

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marcoslive
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-20 01:29 am   Permalink

Well,
I'm from Nerja (Malaga).

Hey guys Thanks for your offers. I'll email once I have clear everything.

View Profile of marcoslive Send a personal message to marcoslive  Email marcoslive     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 10:54 am   Permalink

I LOVE Nerja !!! MY wife and I travelled through Spain a few years ago... Nerja was the highlight of our trip. If you end up coming to San Francisco, let me know. We'll show you around...

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marcoslive
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-20 12:19 pm   Permalink

Yes,Nerja is cool. Very nice beaches.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation