FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki U Bastards...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U Bastards...
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 6:59 pm   Permalink

A friend of mine bought me a couple of tall tiki shot glasses from Urban Outfitters. They say CHIKI TIKI on the bottom and are pretty cool looking:

I'd never been to an Urban Outfitters so I decided to check out their website to see what else they might have. (I did a search and see that they've been mentioned here for repro tiki mugs several times). It seems that they have the U Bastard mugs that Munktiki imports for sale (online sale only) for $4.99 each. Not my favorite mug but for $5 it's pretty tempting. I thought some of you might want to take advantage of the sale...
U Bastards.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-19 7:27 pm   Permalink

ooh thanks for that site. yet another reason to sit by the computer with the VISA card.

did you catch the perfect gift for one of our own..

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2004-04-19 19:28 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-20 10:42 am   Permalink

Hey Dogbytes,

My birthday's comming up, so...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 11:38 am   Permalink

Here's my Chiki Tiki collection. I picked these up in a souvenir store while vacationing in Sunset Beach, NC last summer.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 5:08 pm   Permalink

Thanx for the hot tip on the U Bastards. At $6.50 each (shipping included), we bought 2 of each color. The funny thing is they have the smaller version listed on sale at$9.99 each. Wonder if someone goofed?
Anyway we will be breaking these out at some BambooLodge backyard Luau's this summer.

Thanx Again,
D&C

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-04-20 17:11 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 11:39 am   Permalink

Ok, all I can say is WOW!!! I know the description said 9.5 ", but after parting the sea of packing peanuts, I was amazed at how HUGE they were! I know, not traditional Tiki, but a bargain at $5 each. Thanks for the heads up! But you're right, seems kinda funny the smaller Bastardo is twice as much.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 12:12 pm   Permalink

Ordered mine, thanks for the tip Kono.

t-bird

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 3:45 pm   Permalink

You're welcome! Now could somebody tell me why my $175 digital camera can't take a *%@#%$! decent &^*#@$!ng picture? Look at my pic and then look at Juno's. How much do you have to spend on a digital camera to get a decent pic? (Mine's a JVC GC-A55 1.3 megapixels)

I'd like to find some of those larger Chiki Tiki mugs. The one that's sort of blue and brown/gray/green has a really cool glaze.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 4:07 pm   Permalink

That's the sort of tip that should have everyone reaching into their wallets. I can see a fair-few Tiki Centralite bars using these fine mugs as day-to-day cocktail-bearers.

Shame they don't ship outside of North America....

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 4:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-22 16:07, Trader Woody wrote:

Shame they don't ship outside of North America....

Trader Woody

Hmmm, do I smell a possible trade coming on?

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 5:21 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-04-22 16:56, badmojo wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm, do I smell a possible trade coming on?

Ha! I wish, but there's little available from the UK that would interest any collector under the age of 120! ( Anyone who wants stuff from the UK, get in touch anyway as I'll do my best to help you out. No charge, of course)

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-27 5:06 pm   Permalink

argh

urban outfitters' customer service listened to the sounds of broken ceramic and will be sending out a replacement..

still, pretty damned cool for five buckaroos!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2004-04-22 17:21, Trader Woody wroteHa! I wish, but there's little available from the UK that would interest any collector under the age of 120! ( Anyone who wants stuff from the UK, get in touch anyway as I'll do my best to help you out. No charge, of course)

Trader Woody

Now that's not true. I think that 90% of all the Trechtikoff prints ever made now reside in the UK. At least it seems that way on ebay. I'd love to get my hands on (a) Madam Wong!

I never did buy any of those U Bastards. I started to but Urban Outfitters S/H policy sucks if you only want two of them like I do ($8.50 S/H up to $75 worth of merchandise). That's probably fair S/H but still it puts the cost up over $9 each and I'd rather go to Hilo Hatties and put that money into some Tiki Farm mugs. Which I did.

JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 7:11 pm   Permalink

Kono,
Thanks for the "heads up" on this super deal. I just sent one of each "U Bastard" to my best friend. Hope he doesn't take it the wrong way. Ha!

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

I too recieved my mugs.... only to find that the shotty wrapping and clumbsy hands of a govt worker killed both of them. When I sober up in the morning I'm calling them and tell them how it should be shipped. And if recieve more broken ones, I'll tell them where they can ship it next.

oh Lone Star beer, you make me 10ft tall and bullet proof

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation