FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki U Bastards...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U Bastards...
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-02 01:07 am   Permalink

I thought that for $5, these mugs would be great little gifts to pass out to my friends just for fun. Well, I ordered 16 mugs, yes 16. Today they arrived in the mail and ALL 16 were broken!!! I don't know who the hell packaged these mugs, but they just stacked them all on top of eachother. No foam peanuts, no paper for padding, no nothing! When I picked up the box, it sounded like a million broken pieces and when I opened the box, that is what was in there. I sent UO an e-mail with attached pictures. Hopefully I'll get the mugs in tack the second time around. All I could think of is what a waste!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-02 10:59 am   Permalink

Wow, I guess I got lucky! I ordered 3 of these mugs and they arrived perfect on Thursday. All 3 were shipped in an individual bubble wrap sleeve and a big box full of peanuts. No cracks, chips, nicks to be found. I guess I had the "employee of the month" wrapping my package for shipment!

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-02 11:21 am   Permalink

Wow, I cant believe UO is such a failure at shipping. We emailed one of the head people about this, even though we are not doing business with them anymore maybe they will look into it.

Sorry everyone for the trouble, wish there was something I could do about it.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hramz3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-03 3:40 pm   Permalink

I wish it wasn't an "online only" sale. I walk by one of their stores all time.

[ This Message was edited by: hramz3 on 2004-05-03 15:41 ]

View Profile of hramz3 Send a personal message to hramz3      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-05-03 9:17 pm   Permalink

got my replacement Bastard. overkill on the packaging this time. huge box, foam peanuts and ONE carefully bubble wrapped mug.. arrived safely via UPS.

maybe someone in shipping at UO realized they need to do it right, or do it over and over!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 10:22 pm   Permalink

my wife called for me this morning and the receptionist mentioned that MANY people have called and complained. Infact they have had so many broken ones she mentioned keeping our instead of sending it back. Now if elmers glue will hold it i may have a art peice to work on.

they are sending out replacements today. them bastards

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hramz3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-07 3:07 pm   Permalink

50%.
Ordered 2.
1 broken.
Same as everyone else, loosely wrapped in bubble wrap, both thrown in a box.

View Profile of hramz3 Send a personal message to hramz3      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 4:01 pm   Permalink

"I ordered 16 mugs, yes 16. Today they arrived in the mail and ALL 16 were broken!!!"

No wonder they're called U Bastards.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-08 08:26 am   Permalink

well, I recieved my replacement shipment of the "them Bastards". Well let's just say the wife is going to call Monday to make sure they properly send the small bastard mug. It was broken as well.

That is the main reason I hate buying mugs off the internet.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 9:42 pm   Permalink

Anyone got pics of their broken mugs? Post 'em here!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-30 21:42, PolynesianPop wrote:

Hah... You mean you haven't seen enough broken mugs? This request almost seems fetishlike now.

How'd the experiment go with the exploding mug?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-30 22:07, susane wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-05-30 21:42, PolynesianPop wrote:

Hah... You mean you haven't seen enough broken mugs? This request almost seems fetishlike now.

How'd the experiment go with the exploding mug?

I can never get enough of the broken mugs. I've haven't tried the exploding mug experiment yet but I will soon. Will keep ya posted...

With pics of course!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation