[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Frankoma War God Box
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Frankoma War God Box
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 09:52 am   Permalink

Carved this from mahogony, I collect zippos and there is a spot between the hinges inside for a zippo to fit snugly(as shown). Design is from the Frankoma War God mug, I don't have the mug most unfortunately but used pictures from both "The Book of Tiki" by Sven A. Kirsten and "Tiki Quest" by Duke Carter, both have excellant examples of the very cool mug.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 10:34 am   Permalink

For cigars?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-21 11:09 am   Permalink

Fo' spliffs!

Nice work!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 11:26 am   Permalink

Very nice McDougall! I like the deep relief. The little skulls are a nice touch as well.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 11:47 am   Permalink

Wow, nicely carved!
Thanks for posting the pictures!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 12:20 pm   Permalink

McDougall, would you want to sell one of these, if you could reproduce one? I would be interested.

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 1:44 pm   Permalink

Ditto.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 2:21 pm   Permalink

Looks great! I like the skulls too.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 3:23 pm   Permalink

Very, very nice work, and I like the skulls too. I'm a zippo fan too, but I just own one. It's served me well for many years.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-04-21 15:25 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 3:53 pm   Permalink

That box is very cool. You did an excellent job carving the tiki and skulls. All your edges look perfect and sharp. Somethign to be proud of fo sho.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 4:13 pm   Permalink

Without the skulls, it's nice, but the skulls seem to perfect it.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 4:20 pm   Permalink

McDougall~

That is one fine box! I do believe that if this were made large enough for (at least) a dozen large gauge cigars, and could be carved from or lined with Spanish Cedar, you may have something there for fellow TC'ers significant other to get for their partner. Better get to carving! Christmas will be here sooner than you think!

photos by Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-04-21 23:12 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 9:02 pm   Permalink

I love posting my pictures here, you all make me feel great about my carvings. Mahalo

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 9:30 pm   Permalink

Well you should be feeling good about your work. The Improvement is there and you are really consentrating right now. Start More carvings to take advantage of this really Up time.
We still gotta get together one day.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 9:53 pm   Permalink

You have every reason to feel great, your carvings are great, and this box is muy bien. Like poured wax, smooth.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-04-22 20:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation