FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oasis: Tiki Central Meet & Greet. Friday 5/7, 4pm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Oasis: Tiki Central Meet & Greet. Friday 5/7, 4pm
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-04-22 7:06 pm   Permalink

Come meet everybody IN PERSON! Come meet new friends, and reconnect with old ones. Name tags aplenty. This is a "Tiki Central" social mixer but it is open to ANYONE. So please do come by and get acquainted with everyone.

Friday, 5/7, 4pm. Location: THE REEF BAR OUTDOOR PATIO. In the event that it's not open, we'll be somewhere very nearby, just look for the crowd and the nametags.

In case you're not there on Friday at 4pm, there will be a followup meet & greet for everyone at Cherry Capri's free class on Saturday.

Again, this is OPEN TO EVERYONE! Please come by, especially if you're new, don't know everybody, etc.!!

-mig

[ This Message was edited by: mig on 2004-05-03 13:25 ]

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-05-03 1:26 pm   Permalink

Okay, I've just amended the previous post with the location: the Reef Bar's outdoor patio. This is early enough that it should give everybody time to have dinner afterward before the events start happening.

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 2:16 pm   Permalink

I wanted to participate in this, but the missus couldn't get early off work, so I guess it's no name tags for us until Sat.
Anyway, it's a good idea, thanks for the iniative, Mig.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-03 3:25 pm   Permalink

Keep in mind that I will be assembling a "Tiki Central" photo board which will have 3"x4" pictures of all Tiki Central members in attendance. This board will be displayed somewhere central. Each photo will be identified with your Tiki Central moniker.

Unfortunately it will not have pictures of everyone at the event. It is not intended to exclude people but with over 300 possible attendees, I had to keep a lid on photo costs and the size of the board.

If you miss the meet and greet or want to help with some collage arts and crafts (there will be close to 90 photos on the board when finished)please stop by.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 12:15 am   Permalink

Were gonna try maybe not at 4 but its looking about 6 ish, for us .Cant wait till friday .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-05-05 12:28 pm   Permalink

Only two days away... don't forget to come out and meet your fellow Tiki Centralites...

Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-05 10:02 pm   Permalink

Mig, thanks for the initiative. This'll be my first West-coast get together and I know that in my rum haze I may not get to meet everyone. But, this is a good chance to see most of 'em.

With the great success of the past two Hukilaus and Exotica 2003, I'd think that there would be pretty good attendance by midwest & East coast TCers.

C-ya at 4,
KK

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 12:22 pm   Permalink

AWOOOOGAH! I'm headin' out fer Oasis in just a short bit. I am so frickin' excited.

It seems like every time there's one of these events, one of the more shy tikiphiles will post saying they regret having not introduced themselves to the Tiki Central folks. Don't let that be you! From a distance, I know we look a little cliquey and rowdy, but we're a pretty inclusive bunch -- please don't be afraid to introduce yourself.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 12:30 pm   Permalink

My name is steve and I'm a tikiholic.
Aloha!

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 12:38 pm   Permalink

C Ya there!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 2:15 pm   Permalink

I'll be there with my wife Jennifer and our 4 year old girl, Emma....this is her first tiki outing...she is excited! I'll be vending on Saturday and Sunday too so drop by and say "Hi" to a fellow TC'er! I've run out of raw materials, otherwise I'd make some commemorative soap or sumpin'! I'm Kevin G, by the way..nice to meet y'all!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-05-06 2:38 pm   Permalink

Please do not be afraid to appoach Bong and say, ah... whatever.

(I'll probably like you, wink, wink)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 2:50 pm   Permalink

I'm going straight from work so I won't get there until Friday night. I'll have many a drink with you all once there though. My goal this year will be the same as last, to be the designated drunk.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 3:06 pm   Permalink

We're outta here!! C-ya at the Oasis.

ThePugs

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 3:19 pm   Permalink

I'll probably be hanging around the bong....er Tikibong I mean! nudge nudge

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation