FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Back yard redo.......
Back yard redo.......
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 2:48 pm   Permalink

Transformation of the backyard into a tropical paradise.... still a long way to go!

Phase one.... pool rebuild & concrete deck demolition

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Detail of pebble finish & stone coping

It is hard to see, but along the longer wall, all the concrete has been removed, and will be landscaped with lava rock planters & tropical plants, right up to the edge of the pool. The walls will also get painted to look like a tile mosaic of retro style tropical & ocean scenery, if I ever get the time and motivation!

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2004-04-23 14:51 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 3:32 pm   Permalink

Very nice pup! Keep the pics rolling in.

t-bird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 4:52 pm   Permalink

Looks great, Pup! When can I move in? I'm clean, I don't bark and I only occasionally poop in the yard.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-24 12:22 am   Permalink

Nice work! It's gonna be hard to skate with that texture,though.

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-24 09:01 am   Permalink

Terry,
Looks great, what are you going to plant?
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BondoTiki

Posted: 2004-04-24 09:39 am   Permalink

TraderPup
I remember talking to you about this a while
back. That's a realy big project,,and it's
looking great.
Bondo Tiki
(of)Bike Shack

View Profile of BondoTiki Send a personal message to BondoTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-24 09:40 am   Permalink

Scew the planting, when is the pool PARTEY? We can have our CD release party there.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-26 8:23 pm   Permalink

Traderpup.......backyard looks good. We have some Heliconia you can have. PM me if you want me to save some for you.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-26 9:29 pm   Permalink

Looking good! It's sure to make a splendid addition to the Spectacular East Indies Room.

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 10:50 pm   Permalink

Pup,

The tilework around the perimeter looks great. I can really see the impact of the carefully selected tile under the water as well. The water in the "after" photos is dramatically more reflective.

Great choices.

Can wait to see again in person

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 06:29 am   Permalink

Man, looking at the pool/sunshine and looking at the 40F weather here in Detroit makes me very jealous!!! It's going to look sooo good!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation