Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Tiki/Exotica Bands Needed
Tiki/Exotica Bands Needed
Jessa

Posted: 2004-04-23 4:28 pm   Permalink

Hi-

I need some Exotica/Tiki bands in the Los Angeles area for a party on may 28th.

Please contact me at:
jessa.bouso@warnerbros.com

View Profile of Jessa Send a personal message to Jessa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-23 4:56 pm   Permalink

Will this be an open party that anyone can attend?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-23 8:54 pm   Permalink

Too bad it wasn't a little earlier in the month. We're coming out to LA for Tiki Oasis (& a little tour beforehand) and would love to play at your party. Unfortunately we'll only be in LA 'till May 9th... we'll be back in New York after that. Come check us out at The Purple Orchid in El Segundo on May 1st, or The Lava Lounge in Hollywood on April 30. We play your favorite vibraphonic tiki exotica, surf & go-go-hip-shake! Any chance you'd wanna push the party forward a few weeks? (just kidding) I'd strongly recommend APE, and I've heard great things about The Smokin' Menehunes.

Good luck, and we hope to see ya' out at some shows! Are you coming to Tiki Oasis? See ya' there!!!

--tikidrummer
The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio
www.fishermansburlesque.com

**Check our website for the rest of our LA-area Tour Dates**

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 11:21 am   Permalink

Alas, we are playing with King Kukulea that night...or we would jump at the chance!!

Tiki Mick
The smokin menehunes

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Jessa wrote:
Hi-
I need some Exotica/Tiki bands in the Los Angeles area for a party on may 28th.
Please contact me at: jessa.bouso@warnerbros.com

You are in luck Jessa~

We have for you:
~King Kukulele & The Friki Tiki's
~Crazy Al & Ape
~The MaiKai Gents & The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa
~The Smokin' Menehunes

The discounted price I can make for you is $14,000, not including professional sound & lighting setup, although I do have a direct referral for this service or you may choose your own contractor with final approval by me and my associates.

The minimum requirements my above clients need would be:
~2 -
3 Room Deluxe Star Dressing Room Trailers.
~10 - fresh fruit baskets in-trailer, before their arrival.
~5 - Appleton Estate 21 y.o. Rum
~200 additional tickets for VIP guests (aka fellow TC'ers).
~50% performance deposit by cashier's check.
~Facsimile of your insurance rider.

Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I can have the paperwork drawn up within 2 hours of your acknowledgement.

Please note too, that if you are in need of adding The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio from New York, I can have them added to the lineup for you for $7,000, which includes their First Class Airfaire and instrument transportation, although one additional Classic Cast Star Trailer would be required.

Thank you for your consideration.

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-04-26 12:33 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 12:58 pm   Permalink

SCD, how much would it take to get POP YLOP???

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 1:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

tiki mick wrote:
SCD, how much would it take to get POP YLOP???

Ah, that's still a trick one.
Pop Ylop cannot be asked to perform.
Pop Ylop tells YOU when it's time to perform, and tells you what you will pay.

Pop Ylop is one diva bastard.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 2:25 pm   Permalink

Is this for a private party on the Warner Bros. lot?? If so, someone mentioned this to me last week but I forgot what the party was for.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 2:39 pm   Permalink

If you need a french Exotica DJ, i can take the next plane to LA...
2nd class is alright for me.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 2:59 pm   Permalink

SCD, don't forget 5 cases of Primo & a cooler of Mai-Tais for the road crew (I can get you a top flight road crew for only $5Gs. Or a slightly smaller, less experienced crew for $2Gs. Or me & my cousin Nick for $500 ea. & the afore mentioned Primo & Mai-Tais).

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-26 4:21 pm   Permalink

Actually SCD, The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio would have played that show for $20 a man and a couple of cheeseburgers... but since you're already in such fierce negotiations, we'll take the $7000 and the trailor. (though we prefer tequilla to rum; how about some nice corralejo instead?) See y'all in a week or so...

--tikidrummer
The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com
**Check the website for our LA area tour dates**

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 10:46 pm   Permalink

I too am looking for a Hawaiian/Exotica themed "act" for a small party in the Palos Verdes area to be held in mid July. The set up would be on a balcony overlooking a pool, with a killer view of the beach cities. I would be stoked to find a small band that had a lap steel artist.

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 10:47 pm   Permalink

I too am looking for a Hawaiian/Exotica themed "act" for a small party in the Palos Verdes area to be held in mid July. The set up would be on a balcony overlooking a pool, with a killer view of the beach cities. I would be stoked to find a small band that had a lap steel artist.

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 1:38 pm   Permalink

Well... The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa may be taking a break from the nightclub stages for a few months, but private gigs are always intriguing to us. Feel free to contact us at aloha@mkgents.com
Our website is www.mkgents.com
Aloha and mahalo!

-Iuka Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation