FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Let's kill the machine!
Let's kill the machine!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 8:23 pm   Permalink

Okay. American Idol is awful. Don't you hate every girl that got Kelly's streaked hair? It's absolutely the wrong direction. I know most everyone on this board feels the same way. We need the attention, not the teens and pre-teens. That's the point of this forum. Adult fun.

So I call you all to join me in f$%^ing up the system! So far it's happened already. American Idol John what's his name is the worst, but keeps staying. He is a crooner, which makes it better. But regardless, we must vote for the WORST POSSIBLE CANDIDATE! The vote is in our hands. We can subvert the system! C'mon people! Now is our chance to show our power! I just voted for the dude like 40 times. Next week, I expext all of you to vote for him and make him the winner! Send this to all your friends! Let's start a movement. We have the nations attention! We can make it our issue!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 09:48 am   Permalink

Well now, Swanky, this implies that we would have to actually WATCH the show.

**shudder**

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 11:12 am   Permalink

I have been boycotting as my way of screwing up their system.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-28 09:48, Formikahini wrote:
Well now, Swanky, this implies that we would have to actually WATCH the show.

**shudder**

I choose to be happily ignorant of the show myself - not ever having watched it.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 1:45 pm   Permalink

If you watch the last couple of minutes you get the right number. They are all the same except the last 2 digits. I can, and will, post it, but it's only good for one hour.

Power to the people!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-04-28 2:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-28 09:48, Formikahini wrote:Well now, Swanky, this implies that we would have to actually WATCH the show. **shudder**

But how can a Tikiphile not watch a show with "idol" in the title?

Swanky, last year some computer users wrote a "war dialer" that programmed a computer modem to just call the number over and over. They estimated that is did 15000 votes, but in the end it was still statistically insignificant compared to the total number of votes and the differences between them. So I don't think Tiki Central has a chance in changing the results at all, esp not just for an hour. With millions of people voting, I just don't think it could happen.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 2:55 pm   Permalink

You are right Hanford, that's why we must all get everyone we know on board with this! We out number the actual fans. Plus, as you point out, we are technically crafty and if we all used our modems to do this, it would make a difference.

Fight the power!

Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 3:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-04-28 14:43, hanford_lemoore wrote:So I don't think Tiki Central has a chance in changing the results at all, esp not just for an hour. With millions of people voting, I just don't think it could happen.

But we sure did a helluva job on Tiki Punch

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 3:38 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-04-28 15:18, Formikahini wrote:
Quote:
But we sure did a helluva job on Tiki Punch

Ya, I bet we could kick they’re ass in a drinking contest.
Who’s with me?!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation