FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Lookig for wood.
Lookig for wood.
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 11:36 pm   Permalink

Hello, I have been poking around TC for a couple of weeks, and thought i would dust off the chisels and try to carve one. Where would i find a log? I live in So Cal and as of recently started looking for people cutting down trees, with no luck! So where do you guy's get your carving logs from? I have also tried a couple of lumber yards also but they say they can't get logs only cut lumber?

Thanks in advance for the replys.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 12:12 am   Permalink

eh howzit brah?

looking at your TC name...do you live in Temecula CA?

My brother gets wood from some where around that area for his carvings. I can give you his email if you live in that area. He lives in Temecula. He's a nice guy. You can't miss him if you hook up. He's a big local boy and probubly da only one in Temecula. PM me.

shoots

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 12:16 am   Permalink

Yep, Temecula. That would be great if he has a line on some.

Thanks again.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 04:58 am   Permalink

Call a tree cutting service. They are usually looking to get rid of logs.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 08:05 am   Permalink

I like the title of this thread.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 08:06 am   Permalink

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 08:06 am   Permalink

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 09:20 am   Permalink

Flounder likes the title of this thread.

Tikimecula, you could check with palm nurseries, too. There're several in the Temecula area & just south of you on the 15, mostly between Rainbow & the north end of Escondito.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 11:45 am   Permalink

Tikimecula......send your address to me at gary@badasstikis.com and I will ship you a 3' palm log. No charge dude:)

Gotta start somewhere..............

G.

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 4:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Flounder likes the title of this thread

How the hell did that happen?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 6:14 pm   Permalink

Flounder, are you sure you like this thread?
Maybe it was the Beer(?) you spilled on the keyboard

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 6:28 pm   Permalink

I like the Title also, reminds of the old SNL skit "Wookin fo nub" for some reason. Don't make Gary send you a Palm log 3000 miles(a very cool offer). Go to an area of developement (condos) buy a six pack for the tree cutting down guy and make friends, they like not having to put Palm's in the chipper it clogs them, so they will give you free Palms and perhaps deliver.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 9:52 pm   Permalink

I have Landscaper's Challenge on the t.v., they just chipped a bunch of palms!! "To use as mulch wherever possible"

B*STARDS!!!!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 10:05 pm   Permalink

HO!! braddah Gary, dats a long way to mail a blank log! very aloha of you but I'm sure he can find wood around da area. I PM'd you back Tikimecula. Send me your email and I'll have my brother email you.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-30 12:22 am   Permalink

Gary, check your e-mail. I found a hook up tonight! about 2 hours away. Palms galore cut down about 3 years ago from what he says. so we'll see. Is palm wood all the same? Or is some better than others?

Andy

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation